My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday Boy!.. and Teen Crushes

 Woo hoo!  It's Chris's Birthday!...

I wish I could help you make your dreams come true!...

But you will have to settle with just a picture of it!  (heh!)

A very Happy Birthday Chris!!!

 

Post Number 2.........

 

 Cath did a post on teenage crushes and I had to smile .. I knew who her crushes were but the ones I had were even before hers!.. gawd. how depressing lol.

Well now... I didn't have my own room so I couldn't put pictures on the wall but I had my crushes too!..though they were older than yours since I am older.. gawd. :o(

Letsee...I think I had more movie crushes since tv "back then" had more movies than anything.. so Turhan Bey from Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves was right up there with heart throbs! The movie was made the year I was born!  1944.. I was 10 when I had a crush on Turhan.. this I remember well !!

Then there was Johnny Weissmuller as Tarzan .. he played Tarzan from the 30's until in the 1950's!!

When episodic shows began it was mostly westerns so Roy Rogers (1951-57)

and The Lone Ranger (however I did like Jay Silverheels (Tonto) too!) 1949-57

then more cowboys!..  like Clint Eastwood in Rawhide!  (oh woof!) (1959-66)

Ozzie and Harriet came on television and while everyone goo-gooed over Ricky Nelson I liked David Nelson! lol (1952-66)

Oh Oh! and there was The Adventures of Robin Hood.. Richard Greene!  Hello?! Can we say I was in love, love, love?! (1955-58)

By the time Trek came around  I was no longer a teenager...I was married with Children..so ..ummm no, I didn't put pictures up lol... but you KNOW it would have been McCoy! I did have a cork board later when my kids were teens and had a few small pics up of McCoy and a few others lol  Then much later when I was much older and divorced I put PICTURES ON THE WALLS!!!!   But by then it was people like DeForest Kelley and Harrison Ford and Sean Connery! lol.. ahhhhhhhhh ain't crushes grand?? 

14 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Oh lord, Pat, Rowdy Yates! What is it about all these cowboys? I can hear the theme song to Rawhide even now. And yes, Richard Green... I can sing the theme to Robin Hood too... but I feel sure you'd rather I didn't... :-)

11:11 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

What a fun post, Pat! For me it was David McCullum when he was in The Man From U.N.C.L.E along with Ringo Starr of the Beatles. Johnny Weissmuller was right up there to. Is it wrong of me to say he had amazing legs?

Those were the good old days, weren't they?

cjh

2:35 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: Eastwood was gorgeous!!.. and Richard Greene.. goodness, I can still get the sweats looking at his pictures!!! lol..

CJ: yeah and imagine this: he got those great legs from being a swimmer in the olympics and he never took steroids!!! Shows that athletes can be good without drugs!

there were so many actors that were so great to watch and they didn't have to be gorgeous either.. i loved Gabby Hayes! lol

3:09 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

This was a lot of fun!

I watched the new Star Trek movie last night... I won't say much because I think you plan to see it? I did enjoy it, though! Let me know when you get a chance to see it and we can discuss. :)

Hope all is well with you!

4:13 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kelly: I doubt I will see the new movie until it comes out in dvd.. unless a miracle happens and my neighbor decides to go this coming weekend and asks me to go to.. the taxi up and back would be 24.00 plus the ticket in so I think I will have to wait! My son and others have all loved it and that's saying alot.. my son, though only in his early 40's loved the originals and all the treks so it has to be good!

4:49 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Awwwwwwwww, Pat :D Big hugs to you!!! You're so sweet. This put the biggest smile on my face :) It's been a nice quiet birthday so far. No books believe it or not, so I had to treat myself to a couple from my favorite independent book store ;) lol.

4:50 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: you are incurable!!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday

5:21 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

That was fun!!! The very first crush I ever had was Mark Shera. I was pretty young at the time, so my mom had to let me stay up past my bedtime to watch SWAT.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

The Lone Ranger! And Tonto!

I loved them both SO much. Probably my first crushes. Well, after Roy Rogers, of course.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Margaret said...

Happy birthday!

Yes, Clint Eastwood and Richard Green, but also Dale Robertson (Wells Fargo)!

In Star Trek Spock was my favourite. I'm going to see the new film tomorrow and I'm expecting great things from Zachary Quinto as the young Spock.

1:44 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Sure Debi.. rub it in how young you still are! lol

Donna: hard call to like them both I know, I did too!

Maragaret: Dale Robertson did one of those autograph shows quite some time ago when I was in California He aged nicely!

Margaret: What I like is how many people chose Spock or McCoy and not everyone chose Kirk (the one who got all the women!) Because of that all the "bantering" between Spock and McCoy was written into the scripts!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Margaret said...

I remember one episode where Spock did "get" the woman and it was beautiful. I can't remember much about it except that I was truly smitten.

10:40 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Margaret: yes you are right.. it was called "all our yesterdays" and spock falls for Zarabeth (think thats the name) and of course there was the love Nurse Chapel had for Spock. (and no my memory isn't that great I checked the name of the episode on line lol I love trek but trivia is not my thing!)

10:50 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

And don't forget the one where there are those triffid-like flowers, the spores of which gave Spock back his emotions so he fell for an old flame or something. (Layla?) Jill Ireland was in it and Spock was up a tree... don't remember much else but it was a lovely episode. There weren't many where he got the girl, sadly.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home