My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Reporting from Vero Beach Florida

Finally.. I'm Baaaack !

But I have to tell you all.. I am one exhausted and tired old lady ..so this post will not be real long .

You know you're tired when:  you haven't picked up your book you began in over a week..and still have no intention on picking it up!

The trip down went well.  We lucked in and somehow missed most of the rain up and down the east coast.  We hit 2 downpours but got thru those in about 15 minutes or so each. 

Poor Booboo kitty was so stressed out he didn't eat or drink or "do his thing" in two days!  Then on the last night at a hotel he decides to start meowing and he carried on until 3 am (and I got up at 6).  But he finally began eating some that day.  My son and I stopped at a Cracker Barrel to eat and it was so late I wasn't really hungry and so I ordered a child's portion of chicken fingers (3 teriyaki chicken fingers) and fried apples.  Considering I wasn't hungry I ate one chicken finger (which was delicious!) and loved the fried apples.  The other two chicken fingers I brought back to see if I could get Booboo to eat and he did eat them, teriyaki and all lol.

Before I left New Jersey, at 4 am the morning I was to leave "the gang" decided to give me a "farewell party"  .... 5 shots rang out, and yes there were police all over the place and this time an ambulance came and they carted someone off.  Needless to say I didn't get back to sleep.. Now when I wake up the view is a bit different..

Yup, I am glad to be away from "the gang"...and the view is really quite pretty...  but I will never be a Florida girl at heart.. and I'm glad I brought my jar of NJ Dirt with me !

Ok that's it for now.. I am falling asleep at the keyboard! and I'm not near finished unpacking!

16 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Yaaaaay! Welcome back, Pat. (yeah I know I spoke to you briefly this morning...) You're back much quicker than I thought but still away too long. Hope you get yourself sorted and settled in very soon. I LOVE that new view! Will answer your e.mail tomorrow, heading off to bed in a moment.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Welcome back! I hope the transition is as smooth as possible for you.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

So Glad to see you back. I was wondering how the move was going. Poor BooBooKitty. Hope he's feeling better now that he's not in the crate anymore.

Settle in, get unpacked, rest a little, enjoy the fact that there are no guns going off... and when you are ready we'll all be here!

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Memory said...

Welcome back! I'm glad to hear you made it down there all right.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Glad that you and your son are there safely and that you posted Pat. I have been watching to see when you made it and got hooked back up on your computer. That is great that Boo Boo Kitty finally started eating. You have a beautiful place to live. It looks so peaceful with thankfully no shots ringing out.
Huggies, Helen

7:49 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Pat Pat Pat!! I'm so glad to hear that you made it there :D And that you're starting to get settled in. I know it'll take awhile though until it feels like home. I'm SO glad to hear that you're away from all that gunfire now!! That's just ridiculous. And your new place looks just gorgeous. Very relaxing. Most of all, I'm glad to see the internet is working :)

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Karmyn R said...

So glad you made it safely to Florida!!! poor Boo Boo Kitty - what a transition for both of you.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

you're there! you made it! Hurrah! Oh Pat, after everything you've been through - and the not so lovely gunfire as you get ready to leave - I hope Florida is good to you, and good for you. If the view is anything to go by, it looks absolutely wonderful and peaceful and soon enough, you'll be able to read again. Thanks for letting us know so quickly that you are ok!

11:48 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Yay! I knew the weather gods would smile on you! And the view is indeed beautiful! Take your time getting settled and learning how to relax again! I'm sure Boo Boo Kitty will recover - they are so much more adaptable then we are at times.

cjh

8:16 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

So nice to hear from you again! Totally understandable why you're so exhausted! Glad to hear the trip was generally uneventful. Take your time getting settled in. But I can't wait to hear from you again!!!

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! Glad to hear you arrived safe, if tired! And poor Boo Boo Kitty. I hope he's settling a little!

Like Debi said, take your time settling in, me dear. (And that is one heck of a view you've got. *low whistle* I'd love to have a view like that.)

1:28 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

So glad you made it safely there. Looks like you have a lovely new place though I suspect you'll always be a bit homesick :(. Hope you're settled in soon though!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

I love it !!! What a great view !!! Welcome to your beautiful new world. The dirt just cracks me up... Very vampire of you :-)

3:07 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

It's so great to hear from you! Poor Booboo Kitty...moving tends to be very stressful for them. Mine were hiding under my bed for like two days. But he'll get settled in in no time, and so will you!

5:11 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Welcome back! I hope that Florida sort of grows on you because it sounds better than your old neighbourhood! You might be able to get full nights of sleep for a change!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

impressed that you set the computer up first!

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home