My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Once Upon a Time Wrap-Up

 

I am really glad some very smart readers started using "comment" on Mr Linky to post a few reviews and to let others know of their wrap up posts!

Since I knew I was going to be moving I signed on Carl's Once Upon a Time to read just one book.  I did that.  Then I kept reading.  Which was a little more difficult than other years but I did ok I think, having read 10 books.

Heroes of the Valley....... Jonathan Stroud
100 Cupboards .............. N.D. Wilson
Dandelion Fire................ N.D. Wilson
Wings........................... E.D. Baker
Thirteenth Child.............. Patricia C Wrede
Graceling....................... Kristin Cashore
The Looking Glass Wars.... Frank Beddor
Dragon Strike................. E.E. Knight
The Death Collector.........Justin Richards
The Magic Thief: Lost..... Sarah Prineas

It was a shame that Mr Linky decided to take a hike and never really got back to working.   That prevented me from reading many reviews and probably adding a whole lot more to my wish list... all things considered, that was a good thing for me, but I still missed reading all those great reviews!!

None of the books I read were a "bad read".. but if I had to choose a favorite out of them it might be Graceling.

10 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Okay, I'm officially impressed! I think it's amazing that after the last three months you've had that you managed to crank out 10 books for the challenge!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Scribacchina said...

Thank you for your visit, and what a nice blog you have here! I completely agree on missing the reviews, last year there were so many exceptional suggestions... (but then again, I still have to get around to those books!)

8:50 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi: shocked me too! most was "forced reading" hoping to occupy my mind somewhat and it did help... just not really recovered yet.

Scribacchina: thanks for stopping by.. yeah.. it has it good and bad points ! I miss the reviews.. but it saved me money lol

8:52 AM  
Blogger claire said...

Congratulations!! You did amazing! I finished, too, but didn't write a wrap-up post. Yet. :)

1:43 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Way to go Pat!! I suspect you'll be getting a Bad Blogger point from me soon for Graceling ;) I've been dying to read that one and then your review put me over the top! I still have to do my wrap up post for this challenge!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

You did fantastically well, Pat. 10 books when you've been going through hell, is amazing. Go you! :-)

6:41 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

claire: good for you! I will watch for your wrap up!

Chris: as you know the only bad thing about graceling is : it's only book ONE!

Cath: I was trying like hell to stay focused but as we know it didn't always work that way..but it helped i am sure!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Pat, I think it's amazing that you managed to read as many books as you have with what you've been going through. I know I couldn't have done it!

And I've loved reading your reviews of the books you've read. (You're still to blame for the fact that I have a copy of Graceling lying around instead of my being a good girl and waiting for the paperback.)

8:55 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Shanra: oops! got a hardback eh? lol..I shouldn't chuckle I'd wait for paperbacks if they were all the larger trade paperbacks.. my eyes just won't read the tiny ones anymore.. although if I "Must".. I do have a magnifying glass!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah it's a shame about Mr Linky as I missed reading everyones reviews as well. Looks like you read some great books, I hope to read Thirteenth Child and Graceling at some point and love the Frank Beddor series.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home