My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Booboo Checks out the New Furniture

I had a piece of furniture delivered the other day.  It's a small love seat/ twin bed combo.  With my desk and computer being in the livingroom there wasn't much room for a full sized sofa so I had to resort to a loveseat.  Everything I saw was "overstuffed" (which is fine with me) and wouldn't fit in the allotted space I had... the one you see below is the ONLY one I found in 3 towns that fit!  End of discussion.

So I didn't want to just take a picture of the loveseat/bed.  Sooooo, I got out the laser light cat toy and "spotted" it on the loveseat.  Boo immediately jumped up to get the "red dot" (if you look real hard on the pillow where Boo is looking you can see a tiny red dot.. that would be the laser dot)

... Boo was yet to "attack" it so I moved the "dot".. (can you spot it?)

..he still didn't attack so I moved the dot again.  This time Boo had a reaction!

... one more move and TaaaDaaa!  He went for it!

For those of us with less than great vision.. here's a closer look at what Boo was after... the laser light.

So.. there it is.. my latest piece of furniture.  However,... (isn't it always the way?)  Notice photo below.. chair and loveseat's colors do not go well together... therefore, the chair will be moved and eventually replaced with a WHITE recliner.

The reddish/ brown recliner will go in the corner where the cowboy picture of DeForest hangs.  I want to keep the skull there so for now it's hung on the wall, hopefully later I can make a wooden type thing for it to hang on instead of the white wall.

So this old chair and the wood things here will be gone and the reddish brown recliner will reside in this corner, giving it space away from the loveseat.  I'm not a great decorator (although money would make a definite improvement! lol) but I do know when colors just "don't go together"!  The chair will look good in this corner with De's pic and the skull above it.. the white entertainment center will be right next to it making the colors of the loveseat and the reddish brown recliner ok in the same room.

And lastly I finally got around to hanging this picture in the "eating area".  It is a picture that hung in my brother and David's home all the years I lived there.  Don't ask "what is it?" because I don't know.. I just like the colors and it sorta looks like mountains from a fantasy.

So... that's what I did this weekend.  How about you?

p.s.  Since the tropics have heated up making me nervous.. the first tropical storm made landfall in the Florida Panhandle..I didn't get a drop of rain from it.  Ana is downgraded and looks like we will get rain from it but it doesn't look bad anymore.  And for now they are predicting Hurricane Bill to miss Florida entirely.   So far so good.  This is a another BIG reason I didn't want to move to Florida, especially living alone and no transportation right at hand to leave when necessary.  :o(

11 Comments:

Blogger Ana S. said...

lol, Boo seems to approve :P

That pictures is very nice, and it definitely looks like an illustration from a fantasy book!

Also, I'm happy to hear "my" tropical storm has been downgraded! I'd feel bad if it caused much trouble :P

9:09 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Nymeth: yeah looks like we will get wet from "Ana" (the other Ana) but not badly.. still have to watch those things. I hate hurricane season.. I feel like I live to watch the dang weather reports!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you when I called this weekend. Am getting ready to leave Wednesday, heading to Orlando and then on Thursday to Chicago for the SG con.
Looks as if the cat likes both the sofa and the lazer lite. Nice sofa/loveseat, but I would probably stain something white in no time. Like the skull and De's picture in the corner. I think the recliner is going to look good there.
Sporangia and Momcat09 are in their element if they have hurricanes to track. I have been through three or four of them, one bad one in Texas, and two here in Florida, although my town is fairly safe being in the central part of the state. The last one tore a lot of trees down and lines. I had so many branches and leaves stripped off trees, it took me four days to clear. One large limb fell and just missed the house but took out most of the flowers and shrubs in my front flower be. If one comes close you will have to come here to wait it out. The 2004 season was horrrendous. I think three or four storms hit here, but since then it has been relatively quiet. Just the usual afternoon thunderboomers. Hopefully this season will remain more calm. Vala out.

5:02 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Thanks Sher for the offer to come there for hurricanes..a bit far to walk though LOL.. maybe my son will actually help me.. but the last 2 hurricanes he was in Virginia so he'd be no help unless he's here..we'll see what happens.. if we don't talk have a great time at the convention!!!! take pictures and find a way to post them dang it!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Love the new loveseat - looks really comfy. Boo Boo looks like he agrees with me. LOL

Fingers crossed for you for the storm season this year. I can understand your nervousness.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

That picture does look like mountains from some fantasy novel or movie. I can see why you like it.

Love the new loveseat. Great choice. It fits really nicely in the spot you have it in. I'm glad you found something, even though it sounds like it was quite a bit of work to do so.

This weekend I helped my dad replace the radiator in my daughters car...not fun, but a much cheaper alternative than taking it to a garage. Mowed the lawn (got lots of bug bites courtesy of that adventure) and read, read, read. And watched some good mysteries (Foyle's War).

7:10 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

From the way I see the pictures the love seat looks like a really light tan while the recliner looks like a light brown. From here they match pretty good. I did see the laser light. I can't quite make out the picture. Part of it looks like an old house top with chimmneys sitting in a large boat with some mountains behind it. and some patches of water in front. It's an interesting picture. I like it. Glad that the storms are missing you for now.
HUgs, Helen

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Kathleen said...

I love the pictures of your beautiful kitty chasing the laser light and your new chair! My fingers are crossed that you won't be affected too much from these storms!

9:30 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: so far Boo has not made the loveseat one of his new sleeping areas..which is strange but fine with me lol..yeah every year I will have to go thru the fear of the hurricanes..doesn't not make me happy especially since this "developement" does not board up their glass sliding doors or windowns (which makes no sense to me with all old folks here you'd think they'd want them safe) nor do they have a place for you to keep wood of your own to board up... plus I am bottom floor by the pond which I am sure will flood and if it does it can easily flood right into my apartment since they have no small barrier wall in front of the glass sliding doors either. Then add that they say I am "in a flood zone" so I can't afford flood insurance! Gotta love it. not.

Thank you Kathleen, I too hope that if I am in a spot that gets hit with a bad hurricane or bad tropical storm that I am not flooded out.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oh that Boo is a hoot! Do some research on the picture (if you haven't already) and see from where it hales!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Sharlene said...

Your new furniture is looking really great!! Best for home decoration!! I'm too looking for a comfortable and stylish couch!!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home