My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Michael Scott

I am about to give a shameless plug for an author who's books I am enjoying very much.. his name is Michael Scott.

Michael is the author of the Nicholas Flamel series of books, The Alchemyst, the Magician and recently out, the Sorceress, and next May The Necromancer is coming to America, from his beloved Ireland, for an American autograph tour. 

The Alchemyst.            The Magician

The Sorceress              The Necromancer

 

Much to my dismay, Mr Scott will not be coming anywhere near me.  But I thought that if you read his books and wanted a chance to meet him and live in the areas he will be going to that I would leave you this information so that you might get to go. So far there are only 4 stops but I feel sure they will be adding more so save the link above to keep checking if none of these are in your area...

Connecticut
R J Julia Booksellers,
768 Boston Post Road,
Madison,
CT 06443
Saturday, October 24th at 4-30pm

Chicago
Anderson's Book Shop
Naperville IL
October 27th at 7pm

Call 630-355-2665 for ticket details
Visit Anderson's Bookshop website

Texas
Texas Book Festival
Austin,
Texas
Oct 31st- Nov 1st

Philadelphia
2009 NCTE Annual Convention - USBBY Co-Sponsored Session
Pennsylvania Convention Center,
Sunday November 22nd,
11-30am

For those of you who have not read this series of  YA books I can highly recommend them!  Mr Scott did his homework and uses both fantasy and real life characters.  Want to know who some are?  How about Nicholas Flamel. Remember that name from Harry Potter?..well he was real, so was John Dee. So if you like a little history mixed in with your fantasy... this is a good place to start.

The books are most enjoyable and each book is better than the last.. which means I cannot wait for the release of the Necromancer!

If anyone who reads this gets to go and see Michael Scott I hope you have a wonderful time .. and tell him you know of another fan  (me!)!

Other books by Michael Scott that may be of interest to you are:

Irish Folk & Fairy Tales Omnibus

The Book of Celtic Wisdom

Irish Myths and Legends

Irish Ghosts and Hauntings

 

7 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Well, here's a wierd thing - I have Irish Ghosts and Hauntings and had no idea it was by the same author who wrote the Nicholas Flamel books! I need to get those... my daughter read the first one, loved it, but Devon libraries don't have any more. I might just pop over to Amazon in a moment and see what they want for them... Those covers are to die for!

5:53 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: I don't know if you have that same cover on irish ghosts and hauntings but i am tempted to get it for the cover but we both know I don't care for short stories.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Yep, my Irish Hauntings cover is that one. It says the artwork is by Brian Froud. You could Google him and see if the pic is online...

I just ordered the first two NF books from Amazon. You are a Bad Influence, Missy!

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

I think those covers are lovely - I'll have to investigate these. :)

9:08 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: oh good lol too bad I don't get a commission lol.. I think you'll enjoy the books, very adventureous!

Jenny: they are really good YA reads!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Sigh! Another book added to the TBR list. Only good news is that I recently found a cheaper way to feed my habit.

I had been trying to get some of my books from my local library. I had some success this summer getting some books, but our county is small and if one of the other 4 branch libraries didn't have the book, it was hard to get.

Enter me doing some research on a different subject and finding out that I can use the next county over's library system if I am a resident -anywhere- in FL with a FL ID. That county is larger and has the University right smack dab in it, so a larger library system. AND one of their branches is just as close as my 'local' library and right on my way to Gainesville, where I shop every week!

They offer a large online catalog, which I logged into when I got home, and I ordered the book I've spent over a month trying to get from my 'local' library. I got an e-mail today it is in -- only 2 days after I ordered it. I think I am in LOVE.

Another benefit? Seems if I get an e-book reader (which is on my want as soon as the technology will do a couple more things list), I can check out e-books right online and put them on the reader without leaving the comfort of my home! For free! Score! Especially since I am mostly interested in the Sony version of the e-reader and they have direct link to the same service the library uses. Second Score!

Bored yet with my library adventures? I should have written a post LOL!

Oh, one more thing. If I didn't want to go all the way to the branch to pick up the book, they offer to mail it to me, all I would have to do is pay postage. But, I am cheap (and impatient) and will just pop over there this afternoon and pick it up. Glad I didn't start a new book last night when I finished Dead and Gone!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I actually want to read him but haven't yet. One of these days, those!

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home