My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

A New Critter?

(dang, I sound like Ellie May Clampet!)

As I was out feeding the Moorhens.. (and the greedy Ibis) I noted my turtle coming close.. I tossed bread to him, and although he got some there was more disturbance in the water.  I thought a fish was grabbing the bread... then I notice a new pair of eyes peeking out!......

A closer look at the face.. try to look underwater at the shape.

I'm pretty sure we have a soft shelled turtle to add to the critters here!

After that experience I turned and saw a good "group shot".. 3 Wood Storks, 4 Ibis and the 4 Moorhen babies!

I stood around for a few moments and then took  a "shore line shot".. take note near the top that the baby Moorhen is stretched up and ready to chase that Ibis that is bugging him lol. (*You go Groucho! lol)

Below the Egret and one of the Wood Storks didn't seem to mind sharing the same space.

before I went inside I had to do just one reflection shot.

These pictures are taken at about 7:30 am before the pond fountain went on and the water is smooth.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Giggling at the Elly May Clampett crack. Heheheheh. But wow, that does look like something new you've got there, Pat. You sure it's not a one of Nessie's cousins?

5:42 AM  
Anonymous She said...

It looks like a funky little critter too! I love looking at all of your pictures!

12:34 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Well, there's one good thing about Boo getting you up earlie - you get amazing photos! I love all of them.

cjh

5:49 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

That looks like a damn alligator! It looks like a regular bird fest out there ;p They're taking over!!

1:38 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I had the same reaction as Chris...I thought that was a baby alligator! Sure is cute!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'm coming with my coffee mug to sit and enjoy your bird-watching moments

11:13 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Of course I cant see under water but I tended to agree with Chris. Big bug eyed thing. Watch your toes. Great shots. I loved them. Helen

4:40 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Looks like a happy day at the pond! I almost accidentally run over a soft shell turtle once... man can those things move fast! Mean little things too, they'll actually attack if they feel threatened.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home