My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pshaw.. Fall.. yeah, right.

Before dawn I heard my blinds being bounced around... when I took a closer look this is what I found...  can we say there was some anxiouty going on? heh...

So.. I've been searching for signs of Fall here in southern Florida... so far... this is it!

Some acorns on a LiveOak Tree.    I guess the Live Oak is a relative of the Northern Oak Trees but the leaves don't resemble them too much, nor do the trees grow huge like up north. They aren't even brown yet.

Being a bit down over having so little of Fall I went to feed the birds.  Almost no one was around but the Moorhens.. and one crow.

No Herons.. not even the pita Ibis were around!... this was not turning into a good day...

Until..

The mail man came..

Look what was in the mail!

It's a smiley face, Debi Pumpkin!!!!  and corn!!! 

Fall had come to Southern Florida after all!!!!

(thank you again Debi!! hugs!)  What a surprise it was! I love my little pumpkin face!  Now.. if only the weather would drop to 70 and the leaves on the trees would turn colors!  Not gunna happen huh? Oh well, me and my pumpkin can dream!

 

11 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

There's something rather perfect about acorns in their cups... and that's a beautiful pic of them, Pat.

Oh... your new Debi Pumpkin is so cute!!! I love it. :-)

9:41 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Thanks Cath... yeah i love my Debi Pumpkin!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

You're welcome again!

That Boo kitty and the lizard picture just totally makes me smile! :D

And your acorns may not look all that fall-ish, but that is one gorgeous photo.

11:02 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Pat...I LOVE that Pumpkin...I need to get some of those...Does Debi sell them...He is adorable, beyond words!

Those Moorhens are growing up so beautifully....I love seeing them mature.....
Fall.....as you probably know, it was 100 here last week...It is cooler today and that is a grelief....So, Fall hasn't come here either.
The acorns are really BEAUTIFUL....And I have always LOVED Acorns!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous She said...

Aww, great first picture!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Beautiful picture Pat. It was cooler here this morning with a low of 47ยบ. Probably be cooler than that tonight. Been sorta coolish all day but will warm up next week. Bood Boo looked cute looking at the lizard. Loved the cat cartoon in the entry below.
Hugs, Helen

4:20 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I saw Chris had one of those pumpkins, too! Very cute!

5:12 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi: i emailed Debi to find out!
well up north the squirrels sure liked the acorns! lol

she: aww thanks :o)

Helen: that lizard was looking right at Boo! Defiant little lizard lol

Hi Kelly: Yeah I was surprised to get one from Debi!!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

That's the cutest lil pumpkin ever!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Adorable pumpkin. Fall has officially arrived here. It's actually been cold the past few nights! I bought cocoa when I went grocery shopping today.

1:54 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Janet: I agree lol

Tink: my cocoa days are over down here lol

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home