My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Gator Eyes

Guess who I finally saw yesterday...

 

..and I have to tell you I don't know how a gator this small ever found it's way to this pond!  I bigger gator would walk farther, but this little fellow.. well.. he's little!!! His head and body (minus the tail) must only be about a foot long.

but don't let that fool you...he is fast!

..and although "size wise" he's sorta "cute"..he's scary all the same!

(when i look at his eyes I hear Dracula: "I bid you welcome".. heh oh yeah, I bet he does lol)

The maintenance man tried to catch him on day with the pool net but he is way too fast.. I do hope he's caught and removed though, it won't be long and he won't be so small.. a few residents have seen him and seem not to be worried or afraid.. that's not a good thing as he won't stay tiny and his small teeth still carry a lot of bacteria, so you wouldn't want even this little fellow to snap at you.

Ever get the feeling your being watched?

11 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Hell's bells, Pat, that's one scary looking critter. I don't care how big he is I would not tangle with him. Glad to hear someone's trying to catch him.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

Eek! He scares me. I hope they catch him soon! Fantastic photos, though!

5:48 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: yeah i can't imagine anyone saying "he's cute" when he is bigger thats for sure!

Hi Ana (waiting patiently for your vlog *cough*cough) I think once the gator spots people he lays pretty still watching.. so once I spotted him the pictures were easy to take

5:51 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Holy crow! That's kinda creepy! I wouldn't want to know there was anything like that in my pond! Your pictures are great, btw.

cjh

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

Wow, scary. Hopefully y'all will be able to carefully and kindly get rid of him soon. :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

OMGosh, Pat...what amazing photos!!! (I'm sorry, I can't help it...I still think he's pretty cute.)

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Kathleen said...

When I saw the first picture I immediately thought of the crocodile in Peter Pan that kept coming after Captain Hook!

7:04 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Ok...so I thought he was super cute, but seriously, I do hope they catch him soon. You certainly don't need him to get any bigger!! He's going to start eating things and that won't be good! Lord you have a myriad of creatures there, huh? lol!

11:12 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: good thing there's no swimming in the pond huh? lol

Jenny: yeah I hope they get him soon! I don't really want to see how much he grows over the winter!

Debi: in his own little TINY (he's tiny) way he's cute.. but he won't be for long..!!

Kathleen: ahhh! excellent! That's what we need! we need him to swollow a clock! "Tick Tock" is back!

I will be seriously ticked off (oh! a pun after the last comment I just made LOL.. oh sorry..it's early) if he gets any of my birds!.. wow.. thinking here.. never NEVER thought of myself as a bird person..but I need something more than a gator to take pics of so I want him gone! lol

5:35 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

You sure got a great closeup to make him look larger. "What large eyes you have grandma"LOL. Helen

7:11 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

HOW FANTABULOUS! A Gator! Oh My!
GREAT GREAT Pictures, Pat!

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home