My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, October 09, 2009

Sunrise... Sunset

(A few days ago) Predawn.. Oct. 6, 2009

Dawn's first light over the Pond.

The big  Heron was up and hunting early!

...About 1/2 hr later, across the pond. (do turtles sing?? heh)

Midday with the softshell...

I wonder what the Heron sees across the pond??

The crows now show up for bread..soon I will need a bread factory to feed them all!

Except for ol' dead eye... he sticks to the "minnows" that come close when bread gets in the water!.. he never misses!

Yet another summer Sunset (oh wait it's Fall *said sarcastically) ..

9 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

Great pictures! I wish I had something so picturesque on my front lawn!

5:21 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I love 'Dawn's first light over the pond'. Very atmospheric. And a gorgeous sunset!

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.

12:30 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: trust me when I say this is waaaaay better than what I had..but..I am a mountain, trees, rocks, perso so as nice as this is... it's not my "dream view".

Cath: I think I need to be in England to take some snaps don't you? lol

thank you carolsnotebook and I bid you welcome. *giggle* well it is Halloween month!

12:42 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

WOW! And you thought maybe the Birds wouldn't be back...lol!
LOVE these pictures....ALL of them. That soft shelled Turtle is so sweet.....And the Heron, too....And that whole group of dear ones--Plus the Moon and the Sunset....ALL Pretty Amazing!
I need to gwt me that Camera that you have....I cannot take pictures like that of the moon! I sure wish I could.
I know you told me it was a Canon...but I have misplaced the Identifying numbers...If you could give me that model again, I would truly appreciate it, Pat.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous She said...

What an awesome picture of the moon! You must have a super camera or something.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Love the last one. SO pretty! That turtle really does look like he's crooning. :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Gorgeous! I so love a full moon, despite the weirdness it unleashes upon Chris and my field of employment.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Awww...beautiful! I especially love that silhouetted heron. Just beautiful.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home