My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Vanity Fair Questionnaire

I haven't written a meme in a long time, and there are just so many pond photo's I can post before no one comes to my blog, so when I came across this one I thought I'd "steal it" from Daphne .

Quickly name a unique item you have in your house:
Ummm, that would be "Dead Fred" my, very real Steer Skull. I haven't met a whole lot of people with steer skulls.

What are your two favorite names?
I have come to really like the name I use for the computer of "DesLily" Other than that I like names that aren't common.

What do you consider a necessary luxury?
my Cafe Vienna. My Computer. My Television.

What type of car would you like to drive?
I don't know a lot about cars, so I will just say it would be amazing to drive a NEW car. (not that I could afford the insurance on one!)

What is your favorite color and has it changed over the years?
I've always had a lot of White around.

What quality do you most admire in a man?
I like a man with a good sense of humor. And one that somehow finds some good in everyone.

In a woman?
Same as a man actually.

What is something you long for?
I long for the impossible..good health both physically and mentally

If money were no object what would you buy yourself?
probably that new car so I wouldn't have to keep fearing when it will break down.

What charity would you donate a million dollars to?
something that would help old people be able to have a better life.

What book have you just finished reading?
Not quite done with a biography of Charles Dickens

Name one book that made an impact and why?
The Hobbit .. probablly because it set me off on reading and I've not stopped since.

Name one liquid always in your fridge?
Crystal Light Ice Tea

Name one food item always in your fridge?
That would probably be Bread.

What could you eat everyday?
hmmm, maybe pasta of some sort.

Everyday I drink…
A cup of Cafe Vienna.

TV Guilty Pleasure:
Dancing with the Stars. NCIS. Bones.

TV Show I Don’t Miss:
(see above)

Name a favorite fictional character from a book.
wow.. not fair! I have many. MANY! Gandalf. Belgarath. Masterharper Robinton. The list goes on...

From a movie:
Gandalf

What phrase or motto do you over use?
"Yeah...right.. "

I own a lot of:
Books. vhs tapes.

I collect:
Books, movies, autographs..rocking horses..

I try to avoid:
Doctors. But it's not working. When one is old there are ALWAYS doctors!

One thing I know:
Life is waaaay tooooo short.

Everyday I:
read some. play on my computer some. watch tv some..

The last time I wrote a letter and mailed it was:
Actually I sent out a written note as recently as a week ago.

Dog or cat?
At the moment I have a cat but I love all animals

(wow! no pictures! mark your calendar!)

11 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Lacking anything new to discuss today, I stole this from you.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Fun post. I like learning new things about people. :)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

What movie character? It would have to be Aragorn for me
... oh yah.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Love reading everyone's answers to these. I agree -- we let our elders down in this country. Sending you hugs.

4:34 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

donna: you're welcome! LOL

kelly: yeah me too. little things now and then..

Pamela: it said favorite, not most sexy! lol

Daphne: it just seems there needs to be a better way..but I don't have the answers!

4:47 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Very Very interesting Pat....And I learned things about you I didn't know...!

As to Pictures From The Pond---I NEVER tire of them, my dear....!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Lol. On the day you don't post pictures I do! Great meme :)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Love these memes so am pinching this one to do in a couple of days.

7:01 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Pat, my dear...Thanks SOOOO very much for your very dear and understanding words about Betty....Her loss is devistating to so many people. Everyone is in shock---me, included. I don't know how I will get through this terrible terrible time.....One moment at a time, I guess.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its been so long since I have commented. Love the meme, it is a great way to feel like you know someone that little bit more and I just saw Cath's answers to your meme which was cool. I also love your pictures of the pond!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Thanks for sharing these answers with us Pat. It is always nice to get to know each other better!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home