My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Unexpected

Something Especially Nice happened today… 

In my email box was the copy I get when someone comments on my blogspot blog.

It read like this:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Some of This and Some of That":


How wonderful to find that my work has an effect so far from home! Thank you Deslily for your kind comments about my sculptures and thank you Kelly for sending the link.
Best wishes,
David Goode

David Goode is the man who makes the most wonderful sculptures in the world!  I showed them not long ago and I guess someone (named Kelly, thank you Kelly whoever you are!) sent him a link to my blog!

bscaterpillar[2]

scullpture1[1]

bscomfortfood[1]

He has no real idea how much I Love his work nor how I would love to own them!   However, not only can’t I afford them but to ship them from across the pond would most likely cost as much as the statue!  I can thank America for taking away everything but first class mail to England :o(     I take it with a grain of salt in this particular case since I couldn’t afford them anyway.  But I can dream!

His wife and children are so lucky to have them all around them.  I hope they love elves as much as he must!   I wonder who he uses for models?  Do ya think maybe he has real elves around his home?… :o)   I kinda think he must!  How else could he capture those fantastic expressions? 

Can I go live with his elves????   PLEEEEZE?!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Maybe he does have real elves Pat ;) <3 They are mysterious little creatures

12:06 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

How cool is that? Thrilled that you got such a thrill today. :-)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

OMGoodness--his sculptures are absolutely priceless!!! And how very nice that he took the time to comment! Yep, I tend to think you're right--he must have elves about. :)

6:52 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Ohhh Pat, how truly WONDERFUL!!! I think that is just great that Mr. Goode became aware of your love of his work....You should keep writing him and build up a "Pen-PaL' relationship..Who knows...A Little Elf might just arrive at your doorstep one day...!
I can dream, too....:)

My favorite is that Elf lying in the tiny Marshmellows--if that is what they are...

How much ARE his Sculptures? Do you know the Price Range?

8:00 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

How wonderful that he stopped by for a visit! The sculptures are wonderful!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow, that is so cool that he contacted you!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home