My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just Because..

Just Because nothing is happening and my reading is crawling (not that I’m not enjoying my book!)  And maybe because a friend of mine, Kris, saw this first picture on Facebook and didn’t remember “dead Fred” my steer skull, I thought I’d post these pictures.

Since loving how my Alan Bean picture looked with a decent frame I kept looking at my Cowboy De picture that was hanging in a cheap poster frame with matting that made it bulge and it was driving me crazy.  So since Michael’s was still having a 50% off on frames I went back to see if there was anything there that I could put Cowboy De in.  And because money just wanted to fly out of my hands I did find a frame! (and yes, it was 50% off!)

deframe3[1]

De looks great now.. when I look at my little cowboy corner I smile.. and sometimes, if my mind won’t shut down, I cry a little… not a day goes by that I don’t miss my friends, the Kelley’s. I’d give anything to sit and talk with them again.  I am more than happy that they were in my life for some ten years…but ten years just wasn’t long enough. I know this because if it was enough I wouldn’t still miss them as much as I do.

deframe1[1]

Here’s a closer photo of Dead Fred.  Like I mentioned, a gift from Sue Keenan, who probably knew me better then people I had known longer then her.  Because she listened and heard how much I love “cowboy and Indian” decor.  Imagine my surprise when I opened my Christmas Present one year and saw this!  I had to name him and he became Dead Fred (duh..well it would have been a cramped  one bed room apartment had Fred been alive.. I will be forever grateful that Sue realized that! heh)

deframe4[1]

and over my tv resides a piece of Indian art that Sue also gave me on another Christmas. She kept me to my love of cowboys and Indians that's for sure!

deindian2[1]

To show you how I never got over that particular love… here is a photo of my dining area from my California apartment.. (I bought a section of split rail fencing to use as a room divider and then “cowboyed” it up!  All the photo’s on the wall are “movie cowboys”, including De in the middle.  In the bottom left corner you can barely see Dead Fred..

ca[1]

Here’s a better shot of him…

saddle1[1]

I loved that apartment.. it was an Oversized one bedroom..I can’t say that for apartments here in Fla.! sheesh..

Anyway, … as Porky Pig once said “a-ba-de-a , ba-de-a..that’s all folks!”

4 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

Fun post!

11:59 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I Love seeing all the Western Goodies....Dead Fred is quite wonderful....

As to missing people---let me asure you, the longer they are in your life the MORE you miss them when they are gone.....Unfortunately the years here have little to do with how much one misses people when they are gone....One dear dear 35 year friend has been gone almost 27 years and I STILL miss him every day of my life. I believe it is the depth of the friendship---and it is never enough years. Betty is another example---almost 40 years of friendship---there is a Big Big Hole that cannot be filled.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I love your cowboy obsession, Pat. I just wish I knew you back then.

Sadly we're getting old enough now that we're losing good friends and I hate it.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Precious memories. tn anks for sharing!

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home