My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dammit Jim….

Ohhhh-myyyyy (if I may quote George Takei)…. look what arrived in the mail today!

It’s something I saw on Facebook that Lisa Snellings had made.  I happen to make a comment about it on Twitter when out of the blue Carl (Stainless Steel Droppings) commented back that he saw it and “just knew it had to be for Pat”.  *sniffle*  gosh, am I that obvious?  (fersure!)  And so I was informed that it was “purchased” and was on it’s way to me!!!   Wow, talk about someone feeling like a bowling pin having just been hit by a 16 lb ball!!

I said, “no you can’t”

and he said, “yes I can”..

any guesses who won? heh..  so let me show you what arrived in the mail today…

a tiny box with a bow.. and a small card signed by Lisa that indicated this was a “limited edition”… and a fabulous book mark!

pop1[1]

so I opened the box …and low and behold!.. there he was!  McCoy Poppet!

pop2[1]

(note how she captured his expression.. it lets me know that she may have seen the original Star Trek a few times lol)

pop3[1]

Being a doctor, McCoy poppet when right out and gave Dr. visits to the other poppets in the house.   Everyone checked out ok except for “June”… he thought she might have a “bug”.. (don’t groan too loudly)

pop4[1]

Then McCoy  poppet was put on display with Christmas decorations.  

He wanted to be by the Carolers where he could hum along….

after all… he’s a doctor not a singer!

pop5[1]

“Dammit Jim… I’m a Doctor, not a poppet!”  (wanna bet?)

DeForest20Kell[1]

9 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a WONDERFUL Perfect Gift for you, Pat.....I'm so happy for you!!!

12:38 PM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Oh how adorable!! What a wonderful and thoughtful gift <3 I'm so happy for you Pat

2:23 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Ah, very awesome. He looks great, and she did capture his expression perfectly. I'm so happy he arrived safe and sound at the only home where he absolutely HAD to be. I don't always win arguments, so it was fun to win this one. LOL! Enjoy him, and have a wonderful Christmas.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh Pat! That is absolutely the most perfect gift ever!!! I think Carl's right--he made his way to the home that was meant to be. And not only is Carl right, but he's also as sweet and thoughtful and positively wonderful as they come, isn't he?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

This post put a real smile on my face. How wonderful of Carl to do this. I love your new McCoy poppet to bits, Pat. And that bookmark is stunning!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

What a lovely gift Pat and how generous of Carl to get it for you. Wishing you all the best this Christmas and New Year!

4:49 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi: the little poppet will always stir up memories.

kelly: thanks! I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!

Carl: there will never be enough thank you's!

Debi..yes he is..i was already thankful for him for all the great people I've met because of his blog and challenges!

cath: it is but right now I am using a beautiful leather bookmark from "Arthurs Castle"!

kathleen: thank you and I hope you have a most wonderful Christmas too!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

AWESOME! Now I'm hoping that I can order one for myself after Christmas, because after you (you are Queen of the McCoy fan group) I love him too....awesome indeed. Absolutely lovely too of Carl to win the argument!!!

Happy Christmas, Pat. Enjoy Doc poppet. He's adorable.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

That is so wonderful, Pat!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home