My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A New Meme

Well since I haven’t had a meme in a long long time… and since my son Chris, saw fit to tag me… I guess I’ll give it a go!

This is how this one goes:

1. Post the Rules :

2. Answer the eleven questions that were asked of you by the person who tagged you
3. Make up eleven new questions and tag eleven new people to do the meme!
4. Let them know you tagged them!

 

Now the 11 questions Chris asked of me and the others:

1. What's the best book you've read so far in 2012?

     This is were I should say Dickens Great Expectations… however, for pure enjoyment I think so far this year it’s the book I am reading and almost done with called: The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert.


2. What's your most anticipated book of 2012 so far?

    I am always anxious for books to come out from series I am reading and one series has not disappointed me..The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott. This year, in May, it’s The Enchantress.


3. What's your favorite song or album of 2012 so song (doesn't have to be from this year)?

     Wow, this one is hard since I don’t really listen to music anymore. So I will dig way back and say The Best of Johnny Mathis, because in my mind I can understand all the lyrics and sing along to all of his songs…and the mere mention of “Chances Are” gets it stuck in my head all day long… like it is now! grrrrr.

4. What's the best thing to happen to you so far this year?

     Another rough one since it is so early into the new year.  So I guess I have to go with the fact that, although it’s nearly 3 towns away, I finally found a “real, OPEN” MRI, so that I finally had my lower back done in an MRI and now maybe I can get Epidurals to help with the back and sciatica pain! … oh, and the neatest thing to  happen would be to see and photograph the Armadillo!  That was really kewl!


5. What's the worst thing to happen to you so far this year?

     Finding out that George Lucas will be at a convention in Orlando and I can’t afford to go! oh and get this… even before I heard about the convention (one day after it was posted mind you) all the VIP seats were sold out! (but don’t forget… it’s early in the year for this question!)


6. What's the best piece of news you've heard not concerning you so far this year? This could be a political event, a news item that made you smile, something that happened to a friend, etc.

     It’s rare that a piece of news can make me smile, but here in Florida, on occasion, they find an injured Manatee or bird and doctor them up and then get to set them free, back into their natural environment… that always makes me smile.

forescenic_727329c[1]


7. What's the best thing you've cooked/eaten/best recipe you've saved so far this year?

     Hmmm, well I haven’t made a stuffed Turkey yet this year and that’s pretty much my favorite thing…but I also love my Chicken/ vegetable soup which I just finished so I will say Chicken Vegetable Soup!  (and my other favorite I will be making today Turkey Chili.)
  

8. What's your biggest goal for this year and how's it working for you so far?

     Cha! lol, probably waking up each day and so far so good! 

I love my mile walk I’ve been doing since “winter” came to Florida but it is rapidly heating up and the humidity is following, so the walking will end soon.. I wish it stayed cool at night / early morning so I could keep walking but that’s not Florida.  (and the local, and very nice fitness place nearby is too expensive. 50 to join, 30 a month..i guess that’s not really bad but it is when there’s a year contract they make you sign. Like most people, I am good at the beginning and then it fades and you have to pay if you go or not…which of course is how they make their money)


9. Have you discovered any new to you blogs yet this year that you're loving?

    Actually, I haven’t.  Generally, when Carl has Once Upon a Time and RIP I find more than one new blog to follow !  But until then I don’t really search any out.


10. What's your favorite thing you've seen on the screen so far this year? This could be a tv show/music video/movie/documentary, etc.

     Oh my! heh.. I am certainly hooked on Downton Abbey!  I also really like Harry’s Law, Castle, and..well… as for movies… the Star Trek movie (recently on tv) and Avatar are two I watch over and over again.

Downton_Abbey_1_t614[1]  tv_harry_s_law01[2]    castle-nathan-fillion[1]

StarTrek2009Poster[1]    220px-Avatar-Teaser-Poster[1]

11. Do you plan on doing any gardening in 2012? Come on it's me...you knew there'd be some gardening in here :p

       I’m afraid not.. I am however awaiting your new home with the “guest house” in the back so I can move in and help with YOUR garden!… (maintenance only! too old to dig! lol)

landscaped-cottage-in-woods-thumb9859535[1] Just a small place mind you.. way out back of your yard.. you’ll hardly know I’m there hidden in the trees! *snort*

 

Oh Man! Now I am supposed to tag 11 people!  I don’t know 11 people that haven’t been chosen already!  I will tag a few though..

1.  Cath: Read Warbler

2.  Kelly: My Gallery of Worlds

3.  Susan: You Can Never Have Too Many Books

Ummmm, those are the only people I know to tag that wouldn’t find me and kill me! lol!!

Oh.. I guess now I need 11 questions !  Geez Chris, you could have made this easier ya know! lol  Of course, I will begin with a book question.

1. What are your most favorite books that you have read more than once.(name at least two)

2. Who is your favorite male character from a book?

3. Who is your favorite female character from a book?

4. What is the last book that you read that is out of your comfort zone, and did you enjoy it?

5. If you could have gone on the movie sets of any movie and watched it being made, which movie would you choose, and why?

6. What food is your most guilty pleasure?

7. If you could travel somewhere (money is no object) where would you go?

8. If you could change one thing in our world, what would it be?

9. What is something that you’d like to accomplish this year?

10. What are 3 things that are very important to you?

11. If you could go back in time, where and when would you be?

ok I think that’s it folks!  If I haven’t named you and you are willing to do the meme let me know so I can come and read it!

…and don’t forget…

1. Post the Rules :

2. Answer the eleven questions that were asked of you by the person who tagged you
3. Make up eleven new questions and tag eleven new people to do the meme!
4. Let them know you tagged them!

10 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

Fun answers! I really like your questions, too. I have done this meme a few times now, but I was just answering some of them in my head... lol

12:58 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Great answers, Pat. This is a daunting MEME...! And I am glad you didn't tag me...lol....Actually someone else has tagged me and I don't know when I will get around to it, if ever....!
GOOD JOB, MY DEAR!

Get rid of Word Verification, my dear and just use "comment moderation"...the new Verification is impossible....I'm on my third try!!!!

1:03 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: it's not easy to come up with questions your mind stays stuck on the ones you just read!

Naomi: lol I thought of you but I remember (way back when) that you didn't care to do them!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

So hooked on Downton Abbey myself, but then I again I was last year too when it first started and no one knew about it. I always feel like a stranger in this world, especially at the teacher's lounge during lunch, when I talk about my joys which no one has yet seen or read. Anyway, I'm glad you're walking around better, and I do hope the pain in your back and sciatica lessens. I love how you and Chris are so very close. And, sorry you missed George Lucas!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Loved your answers. I've copied my questions and will post answers sometime over the next couple of days. Whether I can then think of 11 people and more questions is another matter. LOL!

10:03 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Well of COURSE I'll have that guest house all set up and ready for you…..er…in just a few years :p That is SO gorgeous!! I wouldn't mind having one like that :p

I'm so glad that you found an open MRI!!!! I so hope that it helps and that you can find some real help from it!! But I'm so sorry to hear that you're not going to be able to see Lucas :( What a freaking bummer :(

Love you Mama :) Thanks for playing along!!! And thanks for tagging everyone else that I wanted to tag too!!! I ran out of spaces, lol.

8:35 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

bellezza: see there, now you have someone you can spout to about Downton Abby! I began watching it because I love Maggie Smith but wound up enjoying everyone!

chris: i go to the back doc tomorrow. I may put off the epidurals as I heard they damage your bones..but whatever I will be glad to hear how much worse its all gotten (oh hooray :o( )

5:13 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Pat, Maggie Smith is in a new movie called The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, set in India. I saw a small exert with her and she was saying. 'I can't plan that far ahead! I don't even buy green bananas!' LOL. Might be one to catch as Judi Dench is also in it.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I loved reading the questions and your answers and learning more about you!

12:04 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

you should do this one Kathleen! I didn't want to tag anyone who might not want to do it lol

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home