My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Visitor in the Dark!

As I started out on my early morning walk (6:15) I noticed a shadow of a cat (at least I hoped it was a cat!)..ah yes, to my relief, it IS a cat! She/he ran across the path I was on but sat and watched me. Hmmm, I’ve never seen a cat out loose since I’ve been here nearly 3 yrs. …and what is she/he after?

… I looked around and then on the other side of the path I saw yet another shadow.. I stopped and watched… is that?………… could it be?……….. oh yeah! How quick can I get back and get my camera?!!!!

An Armadillo!!! What a pleasant surprise!…and he was so interested in digging in the grass he could care less that a cat was stalking him… and now, so was I!

feb174[1]

Does anyone know how difficult it is to know if this small animal is in the “picture frame” of your camera in the dark?.. heh, let me tell you.. I got more “partial shots” than I did whole shots! I mean… it was still dark out folks!

It was this dark out…..

feb17sunrise[1]

Take a look at those nails!!! Gotta love those ears ! …and the pink nose from rooting in the dirt , too cute!

feb175[1]

I must have taken a dozen shots just to get these few! First off just getting him in the frame was not easy and then he kept rooting in the grass and almost never brought his head up!

feb171[1]

But I did get these few photo’s and I am thrilled!!! I hate to say it but even in the 13 yrs I lived in Florida years ago and the 3 more now…the only Armadillo I’ve ever seen were in the road with buzzards around them. I almost hated to continue with my walk! But I did and by the time I got around the pond again he was gone… bye Mr. Armadillo… be careful where you go!

feb172[1]

5 Comments:

Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

I posted a comment this morning and it didn't post :(
I'm sooooo jealous!! How cute is he/she :D Great shots Pat <3

12:35 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly yeah, I would have loved it if he was a small one (young) I would have caught it and kept it for a few really good photo's before letting him loose again

1:45 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Aw, you are SO like me! I'm a total sucker for any kind of wild life :) He sure is a cute little fellow!!

12:56 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

WOW!!! Such cool shots! you'd never see such a thing up here in MA LOL!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Jeff said...

Nice post which etting him in the frame was not easy and then he kept rooting in the grass and almost never brought his head up. In which the only Armadillo I’ve ever seen were in the road with buzzards around them. Thanks a lot for posting this article.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home