My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Legacy

The Legacy by Katherine Webb.

Paperback: 496 pages
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks(August 30, 2011)
ISBN-10: 006207730

51m8TRDPEdL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_[1]

Book Description

When they were children, Erica Calcott and her sister, Beth, spent their summer holidays at Storton Manor. Now, following the death of their grandmother, they have returned to the grand, imposing house in Wiltshire, England. Unable to stem the tide of childhood memories that arise as she sorts through her grandmother’s belongings, Erica thinks back to the summer her cousin Henry vanished mysteriously from the estate, an event that tore their family to pieces. It is time, she believes, to lay the past to rest, bring her sister some peace, and finally solve the mystery of her cousin’s disappearance.

But sifting through remnants of a bygone time is bringing a secret family history to light—one that stretches back over a century, to a beautiful society heiress in Oklahoma, a haunting, savage land across the ocean. And as past and present converge, Erica and Beth must come to terms with two shocking acts of betrayal . . . and the heartbreaking legacy they left behind.

Ahhhhh, yes!  A book in the tradition of The Thirteenth Tale (I haven’t found a book to beat Thirteen Tale,  but still  this was… VERY good!).

I have found that I really enjoy “gothic mysteries” when they concern trying to find things that happened in the past of the family involved.  This book is written with that in mind and continued to grow with each chapter, until you found you couldn’t leave it on the side table longer then an hour!

Sheesh! lol. I do love when a book “makes me read it quickly”.  It means it won’t let me go and this one filled the bill.  

This is my first book by Katherine Webb. I’ve been seeing others by her out there and will keep an eye on them that’s for sure.

To sum it up: I really enjoyed this book.  If you like “unsolved mysteries” to be solved you will most likely enjoy this book too!

3 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oh wow! When you said "in the vein of The Thirteenth Tale" I knew I had to add this one to ye ole wishlist right away!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

What Chris said! I shall be searching this one out as it sounds terrific!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Just checked, Tivvy library has it but it's out at the moment. Soon as it comes back in I'll grab it.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home