My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Happenings

Carl posed a question on his blog of what we looked forward to this summer.

I guess things just change when you get old and income is limited… but some things can be had without costing, as …the Olympics!!  I am a big fan of watching the Olympics and this year they are in England where my “sis” lives.

London-Olympic-Games_0[1]

Has anyone been watching the trials???

The men's swimming is off and running!

First off Ryan Lochte (who continually lost to Michael Phelps 4 yrs ago) beat Phelps while swimming the 400!  Ryan smiled a lot.. Phelps did not. heh.

lochte1[1]

I like Phelps and Lochte and although they are rivals while swimming against each other  here in America I do believe we will see them bring home some medals when they are in London!!

ryanLochteMPhelps[1]

I’ve been watching other trials as well and it’s looking like America will have some very strong athlete’s going to London.

Besides swimming I am looking forward to the floor exercises. Hopefully we will do well there also.

I just totally love the Olympics.  Both summer and winter.  I am hoping we get a lot of tv time with the athletes.  I have noticed over the many years I’ve watched them that we actually get less and less air time.  And I find that wrong.  Very wrong.

Anyway.. tonight is more swimming trials  (oh! did anyone see the diving?  Way good!) so guess what I will be watching!

A below photo is of little interest except to me…

I still have an old (in poor condition from wearing it so much) Speedo jacket that was used by our swim team in 1996, when the Summer Olympic Games were in Atlanta Georgia.

olympicjacket[1]

Sure wish I could get this one new again.  But each year they change the styles and the prints.  I absolutely loved this one!  Maybe I will put it on when I watch some of the Olympics next month from London!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

I always like the winter Olympics more than the summer, but I will probably still watch. :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I honestly cannot believe that it's almost here. Only seems 5 minutes since we were watching it in Bejing. Should be a lot of fun I think... only hope the organisation goes smoothly.

6:29 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I haven't seen any of the trials, but I am looking forward to the Olympics...The Swimming and Diving are favs of mine, along with some of the Track and Field and the Gymnastics.....!Looking Forward.
That is a GREAT Jacket, my dear. Wear It Well!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm excited, Pat! I love the Olympics, Winter, Summer, I like competition and I love that these are athletes striving to be their best for the glory of it. What a cool jacket you have too :-)

11:38 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

I'm looking forward to it too!! Love the jacket. Ryan and I drove through Atlanta in 96 when they were setting up for the Olympics. It was really cool.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Enjoy the Olympics Pat. I'm sure I'll catch them when I can and look forward to it. I'm sad they don't show more on TV too. I'm wondering if there is a way to watch on the Internet?

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home