My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, June 02, 2012

The Talismans of Shannara

The Talismans of Shannara by Terry Brooks.

Paperback: 464 pages
Publisher: Del Rey (January 31, 1994)
ISBN-10: 0345386744

thejourneysix[1]

(book 12 for OUaT)

 talis[1]

 From Library Journal

Having fulfilled the quests imposed upon them by the shade of the druid Allanon, the children of Shannara must now attempt to use their newfound powers and allies to defeat the Shadowen who are ravaging the Four Lands. Drawing together the threads of the three previous series titles, Brooks orchestrates an exciting, though predictable, conclusion to his second Shannara series. Brooks's appeal lies in his fidelity to tried-and-true quest fantasy and his ability to create engaging protagonists.

I have to admit it… this series of 4 books was almost (ALMOST) as good as the original Shannara book!   But I realize it took me years to be able to say that.  It is always hard to get the original characters out of your mind long enough to like similar stories with new characters.  I guess it has been long enough since my last reread of the Sword of Shannara trilogy to finally accept new characters to the point that I can endear them to myself and really get into the adventure/ story.

So if anyone out there read the Sword of Shannara… I can say with some certainty that these characters and this storyline will keep you reading each and every time you sit down.

This fourth book, or course, winds up all the individual characters stories and their talisman’s and bring it all to a conclusion.   I will not say what the conclusion is because that is saved for those who want to read it.

Along the way, Wren, the Queen of the Elves had picked up a “tree-squeak” called Faun… Not that I can even see in my minds eye what one actually looks like… but hey, I want one anyway! lol.

I don’t know if anyone reading this has read any Terry Brooks, but if you like LOtR type adventures you would most likely enjoy these books.  You will find each of the characters in and out of trouble and finding ways to “carry on” the requests of Allanon’s spirit.

Go ahead.. you know you want a good adventure.. read some Terry Brooks and enjoy yourself!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

How come I missed all these posts!!!! Glad you've had fun with these Terry Brooks books, Pat. You must be ammassing a huge total for OUaT!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I do like LOTR type adventures so I obviously need to read some Terry Brooks!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home