My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, July 02, 2012

The Lost Hours

The Lost Hours by Karen White.

Paperback: 343 pages
Publisher: NAL Trade;(April 7, 2009)
ISBN-10: 0451226496

the-lost-hours[1]

Book Description

When Piper Mills was twelve, she helped her grandfather bury a box that belonged to her grandmother in the backyard. For twelve years, it remained untouched.
Now a near fatal riding accident has shattered Piper’s dreams of Olympic glory. After her grandfather’s death, she inherits the house and all its secrets, including a key to a room that doesn’t exist—or does it? And after her grandmother is sent away to a nursing home, she remembers the box buried in the backyard. In it are torn pages from a scrapbook, a charm necklace—and a newspaper article from 1939 about the body of an infant found floating in the Savannah River. The necklace’s charms tell the story of three friends during the 1930s— each charm added during the three months each friend had the necklace and recorded her life in the scrapbook. Piper always dismissed her grandmother as not having had a story to tell. And now, too late, Piper finds she might have been wrong.

I am on a good roll with good books!

I was a little leery when I began this book but only because I am so used to all my  “mystery” type books taking place in England and this one takes place in Georgia. (USA).

But I just love mysteries where they concern the background of families. And this one is quite good.  Some things you sorta figure out but the most unexpected secrets hold out for the end and even if you think you  know it… you don’t!

I liked this book.  It had plenty of secrets to discover and the characters are written really well so that you get to feel as if you really know them as the chapters go on.  There’s also a few tragedies tossed in to be sure to keep you guessing.

If you  have an interest in finding out the secrets  that people can keep you will enjoy this book.  As an aside I will say the whole book had a very “family” feel which makes you think of your own family and maybe ..what don’t you know about parts of your family?  Boy I’d love to be able to unlock the secrets of my family since I know nothing but my mother and don’t even know her real parents nor my fathers.  This book will make you start wondering that’s for sure!

8 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Definitely sounds intriguing!

That's interesting that you associate mysteries with England, and were wary of this one for not being set there. Glad it worked out! :)

11:25 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oh this one does sound good!! My family has entirely too many skeletons in the closet :p Of course we tend to keep those closet doors wide open with each other, but if someone came in from the outside..well it would make for a damn interesting novel, LOL

12:47 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

This sounds like a fascinating book, Pat....I'm going to have to get this from Amazon. I love mysteries and secrets in family's!

4:37 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi... well all the good mysteries lol

Chris I think I am always searching for the 13th tale! That one had the most "family secrets" of any i've ever read lol

Naomi..I hope your birthday was wonderful ! this was a good book but as I told Chris it's still hard to beat The Thirteenth Tale for family secrets!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Thanks!! I'll check it out! :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

You're certainly on a roll with your reading at the moment. Good to see, pat.

Ears being done tomorrow. I *hope*!!!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Sounds interesting. I have wanted to try her before, but never have.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Family secrets are fascinating. I love the sound of this one.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home