My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

God of the Hive

God of the Hive by Laurie R King.

Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Bantam; (August 9, 2011)
ISBN-10: 0553590413

511ZBVCd46L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_[1]

Book Description

Mary Russell and her husband, Sherlock Holmes, have stirred the wrath of a murderous secret organization bent on infiltrating the government. Now they are separated and on the run, wanted by the police, and pursued across the Continent by a ruthless enemy with limitless resources and powerful connections.
Unstoppable together, Russell and Holmes will have to survive this time apart, maintaining contact only by means of coded messages and cryptic notes. But has the couple made a fatal mistake by separating, making themselves easier targets for the shadowy government agents sent to silence them?
A hermit with a mysterious past and a beautiful young female doctor with a secret, a cruelly scarred flyer and an obsessed man of the cloth: Everyone Russell and Holmes meet could either speed their safe reunion or betray them to their enemies—in the most complex, shocking, and deeply personal case of their career.

As happens when one has a huge tbr pile… books sometimes get hidden and we forget about them and then suddenly there they are!

I have been a fan of Laurie R King and her Marry Russell/ Sherlock Holmes books.  There hasn’t been one that I haven’t enjoyed… and this one is no different.

The beginning was difficult for me.  I had just come off of reading Dragonriders of Pern trilogy and when I read those my heart and head just don’t want to leave the dragons and Pern..  Then there is the Olympics which are taking more of my time then I would think possible!  I love them to death and so picking up a book isn’t what I am doing most at the moment… so it took me a few chapters to finally get into it and start enjoying the mystery that was put in front of me.

Once again Mary Russell turns into a female Sherlock Holmes, with her husband a much smaller part in the book then I remember in other books.  What an ingenious idea to have Sherlock get married and have his wife every bit as good a detective as he was!!

This book really picked up about half way through it and raced (no walking here!) to the conclusion. As usual Amazon gives a good review so that all I have to say is that if you have read any of the other Mary Russell books this one will not disappoint!

And I will leave you with two words that made me quite happy in this book ..

“Not Mycroft”

So there you are… now you can go and read the book to find out how cryptic  those two words are…………. or are not!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

About time I got back to this series. To tell the truth I sometimes think Sherlock Holmes is not in them enough, but I like them anyway. Glad you loved this one, Pat!

I'm obsessed by the Olympics too... trying to read but not getting very far.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I have only read the first book in this series. I really must get back on track!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home