My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, November 08, 2012

The Yard

The Yard by Alex Grecian.

Hardcover: 432 pages
Publisher: Putnam Adult;(May 29, 2012)
ISBN-10: 0399149546

yard[1]

Book Description

Release Date: May 29, 2012

Victorian London is a cesspool of crime, and Scotland Yard has only twelve detectives—known as “The Murder Squad”—to investigate countless murders every month. Created after the Metropolitan Police’s spectacular failure to capture Jack the Ripper, The Murder Squad suffers rampant public contempt. They have failed their citizens. But no one can anticipate the brutal murder of one of their own . . . one of the twelve . . .

When Walter Day, the squad’s newest hire, is assigned the case of the murdered detective, he finds a strange ally in the Yard’s first forensic pathologist, Dr. Bernard Kingsley. Together they track the killer, who clearly is not finished with The Murder Squad . . . but why?

Filled with fascinating period detail, and real historical figures, this spectacular debut in a new series showcases the depravity of late Victorian London, the advent of criminology, and introduces a stunning new cast of characters sure to appeal to fans of The Sherlockian and The Alienist.

So.. I admit I bought this book because (once again) it takes place in Victorian London and involves Scotland Yard.  Little did I know I would enjoy it so very much!

I will be watching (looking?) for more books written by Alex Grecian!  This was one of those books I couldn’t leave sitting on the table very long.  Each time I sat down the book was quickly in my hands!

I loved the feel of the book.  And I liked that there were a number of “good guys” and by the time the book ended you felt like you knew them all!

There’s murder.  There’s mystery. There’s multiple deaths.  There’s abduction. There’s the discovery of “fingerprints!”…and there’s even a little love!

If you like a bit of “old London” and a bit of murder (and they even mention that this takes place not all that long after Jack the Ripper)… then this is a book that I would highly recommend!

Yup… I really liked this book.  I may have to keep it!

I discovered that this is his debut novel! I wonder how long I have to wait for the next book to come out?? *sniffle*sniffle*boohoo…. (did I hear a chuckle?! did I hear someone say, “oh right like you have nothing to read until his next novel comes out”??.).  ok, ok..but, but… this book was re.e.e.e.e.e.a.l.l.l.ly good!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I've seen mention of this one in several places and wondered if it was worth a try. Apparently it is, so I'll be keeping an eye out for it. Great that you enjoyed it so much, Pat!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

This sounds very intriguing and to know there is more coming from the author is very exciting!!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home