My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, December 09, 2012

Fifth Avenue 5 A.M.

Fifth Avenue 5 A.M. by Sam Wasson.

Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Harper Perennial;(August 30, 2011)
ISBN-10: 0061774162

sam[1]

Book Description

Audrey Hepburn is an icon like no other, yet the image many of us have of Hepburn—dainty, immaculate—is anything but true to life. Here, for the first time, Sam Wasson presents the woman behind the little black dress that rocked the nation in 1961. With a colorful cast of characters including Truman Capote, Edith Head, Givenchy, “Moon River” composer Henry Mancini, and, of course, Hepburn herself, Wasson immerses us in the America of the early sixties before Woodstock and birth control, when a not-so-virginal girl by the name of Holly Golightly raised eyebrows across the country, changing fashion, film, and sex for good.

There are numerous reasons one might read this book.

You like Audry Hepburn.

You like Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

You like Truman Capote.

You like Blake Edwards.

I was convince to get the book by my friend Kris W. who said just one thing… “they mention A.C. Lyles in the book”.  Of course many of you don’t know who the heck A.C. Lyles is, but I do! He worked for Paramount for over 50 years in many capacities. A producer and a  Liaison between Paramount and numerous movie stars.  And I was privileged to know him .  Enough said.  I had to read the book.

The book is small and it’s quite fast reading, so if you are interested in it , it’s something you can take with you and read with ease.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s was first a book by Truman Capote.  When all is said and done and it’s a movie, Capote was not thrilled with the “changes” from his book… but then again, few writers are happy when things in their writing are changed.  Sometimes it’s hard to believe the author of “In Cold Blood” is the same author of Breakfast at Tiffany’s!

This was probably Audry Hepburn’s crowing glory and most memorable of her movies.  The book is quite enjoyable and if you like older movies and reading about “the making of…” you will certain enjoy this book, I know I did.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I'm not sure I ever saw Breakfast at Tiffanys. I must have, but my favourite of her films that I've seen is Roman Holiday. Boy, did I love Gregory Peck in that...

5:52 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I love Audrey Hepburn, but it is quite possible that this is my least favorite of her films. I can see why it is a classic but I just didn't connect with it like I did with others. She was quite the graceful, amazing woman.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I read this book when it came out and thought it was really interesting! I started a classic movie binge following it... Need to get back to that!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home