My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Cheap Books

Wow, 2012 is gone forever.  I can honestly say it never occurred to me that I would be alive and writing such dates back when I was still in high school.  I mean ..seriously! My high school years were 1959-1962 ! No one that age can even remotely visualize what it will feel like to be 68 yrs old and writing the year 2013!

Ah well.. I ended 2012 by getting 2 more used books.  Franklin and Winston was .50 cents. It has a bend in the cover but the pages are like new.

I had no intentions of getting or reading Jane Eyre.. but what can I do when I find an Illustrated copy with old photo’s as well?.. *sigh* Musty smell and all it too came home with me.  This sort of things certainly does NOT help my tbr pile!

 librarybks[1]

(inside Jane Eyre illustrations like below)

libry2[1]

..and old photo’s which I love.

 libks1[1]

 libks2[1]

I wish I could say that I am determined to get my tbr pile down to under 100!! (dream on)  I will be shocked if it happens and I’m not making it a new years resolution because we all know how they go! 

But it would be nice. 

But also near impossible because I have way too many *chunky* books that take me more then a week to read! 

But on the bright side, then they are worth the money ! 

ok, no more buts….

I hope everyone’s new year brings great reading pleasures!  Now I am off to begin a new list for the books I read for 2013!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

But these are so worth the money, Pat! Sorry, I know I'm not helping. LOL I love cheap books but rarely see anything that cheap around here. I need to go to some village fetes in the summer where you can grab books for 20p each quite often. I would certainly grab that Franklin and Winston book if I saw it.

I just did my Christmas books post and am horrified at how many new books I helped bring into the house. Not so horrified that I wouldn't want to own them though. LOL.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Happy New Year Pat. Glad to see you are starting out with more books! I know you hate to spend the money but you sure got some good ones! Enjoy!

1:28 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I think it is fantastic that you find these very special books...
And Pat, it's what you love and it gives you so much pleasure---You Deserve Them All!

2:30 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

That copy of Jane Eyre sure is gorgeous :) It's one of those books that I want to read "one day" :p I was just telling my boss today that I can't believe it's "2013" Just sounds so futuristic, lol.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Pat, the fun of getting cheap books is how cheap sometimes we can get them, and how lovely the books still are! Bargain hunting is great fun - and very convincing to try books we never would otherwise. I think if you like Wilkie Collins, then you will like Jane Eyre. The old photos are priceless, to, and they do look like that area (Yorkshire) of England. Just so you get a little feel for why the Bronte novels are like they are.

Have fun! and here's to bringing more books into Mount TBR - and lots of reading time in 2013 for you too, Pat :-)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh my gosh, Pat, those are awesome finds!!! What a lovely copy of Jane Eyre, despite the musty smell. And Pat, that's a book I thought I'd *never* read (me and my fear of classics)...but then did so for school with Annie. And guess what, I found I actually enjoyed it quite a lot! Hopefully you will, too!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home