My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, February 09, 2013

Owl in the grill of an SUV

For a change there’s been a story on the news that’s heartfelt and NOT depressing!  Boy Howdy but that’s a change! We could all use a few more stories like that!

Anyway.. what occurred was that somehow a lady “thought she hit a bird” while driving her SUV.  Many miles down the road when she was parked but ready to leave some people stopped her from starting her vehicle saying there was an OWL behind her grill!

owl1_zps59a9a1de[1] 

(Above:  Owl’s eyes seen thru the grill)

owl2_zpsb9f7e663[1] 

(hood of the SUV lifted and the Owl is about to be saved)

owl3_zps4bc98d5c[1] 

(safe in a cage and on his way to the vets to be sure he’s not hurt)

The Owl, a Great Horned Owl,  seemed fine and not injured at all!  No one is sure how he got into the grill he seemed to big to squeeze between the grill bars!

Then of course the news went back to the Blizzard up North. I hope all electrical power is fixed quickly so no one gets hospitalized from the cold.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

That's an 'awwww' story, Pat. Love it. Maybe he flew in under the car?

9:51 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh my gosh--he's beautiful! Thanks for sharing the story, Pat--it really is nice when they share the good stuff in the world, isn't it?!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

he was OWLIVE! grin!

11:13 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

How interesting and amazing!! One wonders how he DID get in there....Owls are such beautiful and interesting Birds.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

We heard about this while we were watching the weather. What a nice, but unusual, story!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home