My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness

I just came home from seeing Star Trek.

I can say just one word:  damn! (in a good way!)

I will say a few more without giving away anything. 

This movie was kept well under wraps!  WELL! There are scenes that you just don’t see coming!  And I will say I may have jumped out of my seat a number of times. heh..great sound, what can I say?!

This movie is chock full of surprises!

And chock full of emotion. (for me)

Major Kudos to the following:

Kudos to J.J. Abrams.

Many kudos to our very fine crew of actors! Every one of them!!

More kudos to the writers: Robert Orci, Alex Kurtzman, and Damon Lundelof.. and in his own way: Gene Roddenberry.

I found this movie most outstanding in the script writing and of course in special effects. (although my only “complaint” would be that there is a touch too much “motion” in the “exciting scenes”, but that is only because I think I came close to motion sickness which I get easily)

For you who have not seen the movie but are fans from the originals on.. you are in for a number of surprises!

My only wish is that J.J. Abrams does not take long to make another movie!  I am old and do not have “all the time in the world” and I do so want to see this crew again!

url[1]

I wish I could say more but to be honest.. I knew little of the story when I went in, and less about what was was going to happen..and that just added to the enjoyment!  I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to see this Sunday ! I can't wait !!! I'm happy you enjoyed it !!!

11:02 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'll have to wait for the DVD! It sounds FABULOUS!!!

12:19 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oh yay :D I was hoping you'd love it!!! I can't wait to see it myself!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Thrilled you loved it, as I know we were both wondering if there would not be enough dialogue or plot. Hoping to see it this week sometime, depends how I feel.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Makes me smile knowing you've seen this more times than me in the theater already.

It was a rip-roarin' good time, wasn't it? I'm with you on wishing we didn't have to wait so long between films. Almost with they would pull a LOTR and film several movies all at one time and then spend each year putting the effects together so we would have a Star Trek event for a couple of years in a row, at least.

While I can understand the complaint of some that it doesn't build off the alternate timeline enough and sticks too close to events we've seen before, I loved it. Really loved it. It is the spirit of the thing that matters most to me and I think they captured that so well.

12:58 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

I totally liked this movie! I liked it more each time I went! I have to say though.. when it came to the death scene all I could think of was "oh no! Abrams doesn't really want to keep making ST movies!".. it freaked me out! (as much as I loved the homage it paid to the originals)

seriously, things moved too fast and too much camera motion for me to see what was going on.. I did get better each time I saw it, but if I had a complaint that would be it.. hold the dang camera still a little more often! lol..(and use McCoy more! heh..that's a given!lol)

1:21 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Mary has gotten more prone to movie-related motion sickness over the past few years and so we end up sitting back a little farther now.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home