My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

I Had a Dream..

I had a dream.. it was nothing as important or meaningful as the Dream that Martin Luther King had.. but rather, just a simple dream by a simple old lady who stopped dreaming a long long time ago. (that would be me).

Last night, as I tried to go to sleep I found that my mind would not shut down and let me get the good solid sleep that I needed.  Strange as it seems I haven’t had a dream in many years. When I was younger, I dreamed a lot, and like other people some of my dreams were nothing more than thoughts that made me smile or made me happy inside just thinking of them.

This time the dream was like those of old.  As many who know me already know about me, I collect celebrity autographs.  Often I would dream of meeting someone that I held in high regard.  They could be and actor or an astronaut or an author….

Last nights dream was about such a person.  I dreamed about a man who is an Author/ Producer and Director of some of the movies that mean a lot to me.  The person in my dream was Nicholas Meyer. Among his credits are: The Wrath of Khan, The Voyage Home, and The Undiscovered Country. Others by Mr. Meyer are The Seven Percent Solution, Sommersby, The Day After, Sherlock Homes novels and I can’t forget his latest book: The View From the Bridge: Memories of Star Trek and a Life in Hollywood.

In my dream I decided to write to Mr. Meyer and send 2 photo’s that I have of him hoping to get him to autograph each of them.  I also wrote him a lengthy letter (something you are not advised to do when writing to request an autograph).  In the letter I tell him of my one and only time that I had the privilege of meeting him, which was at Paramount where he was directing, The Undiscovered Country.  I go on to tell him that DeForest Kelley had brought me and two others to the sets that day to see a scene being filmed.  While we waited DeForest called Nicholas Meyer over to introduce us all to him.  Mr.. Meyer shook hands with the first two ladies and I could see the evil smirk on De’s face of an embarrassing situation about to happen.  I decided to take matters into my own hands and when Mr. Meyer reached out to shake my hand I threw my arms around him and hugged him stating that hugs were so much nicer then handshakes. (I could no longer look Mr. Meyer in the face, but De was grinning from ear to ear).  I had hoped Mr.. Meyer did not think I had just gotten out of a loony bin!  I remember that in my dream I hoped that reminding him of this would not put a damper on my request for his autograph! The two photo’s I sent were favorites of mine.  One of DeForest and Nicholas together ….. (one of my very favorite photo’s!)

meyer_kelley_smoking_zps97261aa7[1]

and the other of Nicholas “doing his thing”,.. directing.

nicholas_zps54aabcdc[1]

My dream went on with high hopes as dreams should.  I dreamed that whoever it was that opened fan mail for him brought my letter to him, saying that I was a friend of DeForest’s and had met him at one time.   My optimism was high (which it never is).  The long letter made Mr. Meyer smile and he autographed the photo’s to be sent back to me. (I always include a SASE)

There was a time that I had similar dreams such as this one, but I can’t say that I’ve had any dreams at all since the passing of DeForest and Carolyn (De’s wife).  They were in my life for 10 yrs or so and during that time they were the main focus of my happiness.

It’s strange if I think about the fact that I didn’t pursue Nicholas Meyer’s autograph back when I might have a real chance of getting it, only to have this dream now when I am old and no longer have hopes and dreams.  I wonder why this dream popped into my head just now?  I guess I will never know.. but it was a really nice dream.

I had a dream..

..and I wonder why?

I had a dream…

..as in days gone by.

I had a dream..

..and I wonder why?

5 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Dreams are certainly fascinating things....I've always heard that it isn't so much the content of a dream that matters, but what feelings come up because of it....How the dream made you feel. It sounds like it made you feel good!

6:25 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Well this was beautiful :) I think what's important is to hold on to the feelings of dreams sometimes. Maybe they're just there for us to enjoy. Love you mama!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Really strange, but I think Chris is right, it's good to hold onto the feelings you get from nice dreams. And I *love* that first pic of De with NM.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Maybe it's saying you're not too old to dream, after all? And that you have achieved more than you think, that you have done more and mattered more than you know, and that your enthusiasm and love for all things Star Trek is a joy to see. As Cath and Chris say, it's a dream that gave you good feelings, in such a lovely way. It made me smile to read it, too :-) I never have dreams like this! Not with Star Trek anyway :-( *sob* and I'd love to!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm glad you had the dream, especially as it reminded you of earlier good times. Sounds like a really wonderful dream despite it not being able to become a reality. Hope you continue to have many more dreams.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home