My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Bloodfire Quest

Bloodfire Quest by Terry Brooks.

Series: The Dark Legacy of Shannara
Hardcover: 368 pages
Publisher: Del Rey(March 12, 2013)
ISBN-10: 9780345523501

brooks2_zps067f0bd9[1]

brooks22_zps322d8c85[1]

The adventure that started in Wards of Faerie takes a thrilling new turn, in the second novel of Terry Brooks’s brand-new trilogy—The Dark Legacy of Shannara!
The quest for the long-lost Elfstones has drawn the leader of the Druid order and her followers into the hellish dimension known as the Forbidding, where the most dangerous creatures banished from the Four Lands are imprisoned. Now the hunt for the powerful talismans that can save their world has become a series of great challenges: a desperate search for kidnapped comrades, a relentless battle against unspeakable predators, and a grim race to escape the Forbidding alive. But though freedom is closer than they know, it may come at a terrifying price.
Back in the village of Arborlon, the mystical, sentient tree that maintains the barrier between the Four Lands and the Forbidding is dying. And with each passing day, as the breach between the two worlds grows larger, the threat of the evil eager to spill forth and wreak havoc grows more dire. The only hope lies with a young Druid, faced with a staggering choice: cling to the life she cherishes or combat an army of darkness by making the ultimate sacrifice.

And so I finish book two of the trilogy! 

Terry Brooks has been one of those constant writers that seem to pop into my life every now and then, and even if you think, “hmmm I've read something like this before” he continually puts in these little gems that you are sure you never heard of before in any other book.  Bits that tell you Terry Brooks is not done creating! 

You know I don’t do good “reviews” which is why I always use the one from Amazon.  But I do like to say if I am enjoying the books or not (seldom “not” because if I am not I don’t finish the book!).   I sometimes fine it hard to read long series of books because the “main characters” in the first books are gone and replaced with new characters.  So then the new ones better be well defined and a good story for them to keep my interest. 

That being said… it’s time to move on to book 3!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

You're doing brilliantly with this trilogy, Pat. And making me want to read something by TB.

From your weirdo friend, Cath. ;-)

9:49 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Soooo want to read these!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home