My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, November 03, 2014

Rip Has Come and Gone.....again!

 

This year, as before, I only sign up to read one book, but obviously I read more!

Once again Carl pulled off another RIP Challenge and once again those of use to love his challenges read a lot and left reviews on the RIP Review site.

This is a list of the books I read this year.............

1.Bone Bed..........................Patricia Cornwell.....(480 pgs)
2.The Unburied......................Charles Palliser......(400 pgs)
3.Others............................James Herbert.........(512 pgs)
4.The Witches.......................Roald Dahl............(240 pgs)

5..Red Mist..........................Patricia Cornwell........(544 pgs)
6.This House is Haunted.............John Boyne............(291 pgs)
7.Rustication.......................Charles Palliser............(323 pgs)
8.The Dark..........................James Herbert............(442 pgs)

This is the first time I've read Patricia Cornwell and enjoyed the books I read.  

I've read James Herbert before and liked him with The Others but found The Dark a bit overwhelming.

This was also my first time for Charles Palliser.    It seems I did "two" of many authors this time.

The books were all good or ok but nothing here to jump up and down about.   Of all these books I'd still put The Thirteenth Tale at the top of the list.

I hope everyone had a good time this year and found some really good books!  I know I added some to my wish list from reading reviews.

Until next year... Happy RIP !!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Hey Sis, eight is excellent and you did better than me! LOL. Glad you enjoyed RIP this year. Blink and it'll be back again...

5:57 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I am always amazed by the amount of books you read...and RIP seemed to fly by this year......It seems like you just started it----My sense of time is really scary. It is all going by so very fast.

About your comment on my post today----I understand not wanting to see mothers nursing their babies, but I don't think women should be punished or put off planes for doing that. The world is upside down. Seeing the "costumes" those ladies are wearing now makes me think of Germany in the '30's...the time of "CABARET".....Really scary.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

You did fabulous, Pat!! So many good books read, and even if they didn't go onto your top list of books, still, they are done and off the pile of books to be read! I still have to read The Thirteenth Tale, you know......

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home