My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, December 04, 2014

The Beach Trees

The Beach Trees by Karen White.

Paperback: 432 pages
Publisher: NAL Trade(May 3, 2011)
ISBN-10: 0451233077

Amazon

From the time she was twelve, Julie Holt knew what a random tragedy can do to a family. At that tender age, her little sister disappeared-never to be found. It was a loss that slowly eroded the family bonds she once relied on. As an adult with a prestigious job in the arts, Julie meets a struggling artist who reminds her so much of her sister, she can't help feeling protective. It is a friendship that begins a long and painful process of healing for Julie, leading her to a house on the Gulf Coast, ravaged by hurricane Katrina, and to stories of family that take her deep into the past.

This is the third book I've read by this author.  The first was "On Folly Beach", which I enjoyed. I also read, The Lost Hours by her.  I didn't search Karen White out for this book, but when I came across it and remembered her other books were enjoyable I brought it home with me. (thrift store of course).

I do rather enjoy books that have long time secrets and mysteries surrounding them... and this one didn't disappoint.

Most of the books I read happen either in England or Scotland it seems but this one revolves around Biloxi Miss. and New Orleans, after the time Katrina had devastated the area.  After reading the book I can say I felt I had "visited" the area.  There was some good history in the story and even a town named Metairie LA, where my "adopted son", Chris lives.  I love reading books that talks about towns where I have never been but have computer friends living there.

Anyway.. this was an easy to read book, kept my interest , and I am sure sometime along the way I will wind up reading yet another book by Karen White.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

There, I saw your FB post about this post and came here expecting pics of beech trees. LOL!!! The older I get the more stupid I become...

Anyway. Great sounding book, I like books with a secret or mystery surrounding the plot too.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home