My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Girl on The Cliff

Girl on the Cliff by Lucinda Riley.

Paperback: 416 pages
Publisher: Atria Books;(October 30, 2012)
ISBN-10: 1451655827

 

From the author of the #1 international bestseller The Orchid House, the mesmerizing story of two Irish families entangled by a tragic past that seems destined to repeat itself
To escape a recent heartbreak in New York, Grania Ryan returns to her family home on the rugged, wind-swept coast of Ireland. Here, on the cliff edge in the middle of a storm, she meets a young girl, Aurora Lisle, who will profoundly change her life.
Despite the warnings Grania receives from her mother to be wary of the Lisle family, Aurora and Grania forge a close friendship. Through a trove of old family letters dating from 1914, Grania begins to learn just how deeply their families’ histories are entwined. The horrors of World War I, the fate of a beautiful foundling child, and the irresistible lure of the ballet give rise to a legacy of heartache that leaves its imprint on each new generation. Ultimately, it will be Aurora whose intuition and spirit may be able to unlock the chains of the past.
Sweeping from Edwardian England to present-day New York, from the majestic Irish coast to the crumbling splendor of a legendary London town house, The Girl on the Cliff introduces two remarkable women whose quest to understand their past sends them toward a future where love can triumph over loss.

This was an enjoyable read.  I always like "mysteries" with lots of family secrets !

It just seems that the books I've had lately all include a love story.  I'm not real keen on romance books but as long as they are in the background with secrets or murder surrounding it they don't seem to be to awfully "romantic" after all. A bit of a surprise at the ending which always helps.   The background story itself is doled out in increments, by Grania's mother, and small writing's by "the person telling the story" was different and I liked it.

No big horror's or murders but still a book I enjoyed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

You're certainly finding some excellent mysteries at the moment. Really pleased for you. I've been trying to think of some and, as usual, my mind's gone blank. I like the family secret type too and know I've read a few. I wonder what they were? lol! Oh yeah... Wilkie Collins Dead Secret was good. When I have a moment I'll go back through my 'books read' lists.

Did you see that the OUaT post is up?

9:41 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

You're certainly finding some excellent mysteries at the moment. Really pleased for you. I've been trying to think of some and, as usual, my mind's gone blank. I like the family secret type too and know I've read a few. I wonder what they were? lol! Oh yeah... Wilkie Collins Dead Secret was good. When I have a moment I'll go back through my 'books read' lists.

Did you see that the OUaT post is up?

9:41 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Can you believe that went through twice??? *Big sigh*

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home