My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Never Come Back

Never Come Back by David Bell.

Paperback: 448 pages
Publisher: NAL (October 1, 2013)
ISBN-10: 0451417518

Elizabeth Hampton is consumed by grief when her mother dies unexpectedly. Leslie Hampton cared for Elizabeth’s troubled brother Ronnie’s special needs, assuming Elizabeth would take him in when the time came. But Leslie’s sudden death propels Elizabeth into a world of danger and double lives that undoes everything she thought she knew....
When police discover that Leslie was strangled, they immediately suspect that one of Ronnie’s outbursts took a tragic turn. Elizabeth can’t believe that her brother is capable of murder, but who else could have had a motive to kill their quiet, retired mother? 
More questions arise when a stranger is named in Leslie’s will: a woman also named Elizabeth. As the family’s secrets unravel, a man from Leslie’s past who claims to have all the answers shows up, but those answers might put Elizabeth and those she loves the most in mortal danger.
 

Ok, so I found this book at a used store and thought, "ohhh David Bell!"  I've read The Cemetery Girl and The Hiding Place and like him."!  So I took it home with me.   I sat down and began reading it a few days ago and it seemed awfully familiar.. yet the title didn't.  Had I watched a movie like this??  Read another book with a similar plot??   So I read a few more chapters, which was very easy since the chapters were all about 2 pages long! (love short chapters!) 

OK.. I finally knew I had read the book before... but do you think I could remember the curse of the crime?  "Who done it?"... nope  totally gone.  As I kept reading I knew it all... except "who done it"... ARGH!   So I just spent a few days doing a reread! *sigh*

And the reason I didn't remember the ending?... still escapes me!  It must be the very easy but very smart twists and turns in what seems to be a very simple book!   Which means.. a good author!

I totally enjoyed the reread and for anyone liking very short chapters so you can stop at almost any given moment, this book is for you!

And.. I have yet another of his (used) books on it's way to me via the used book dealers at Amazon!  That will make 4 books when I read that one!  

Lots of things going on in this book but easy to follow.  If you haven't read any David Bell's books I recommend him!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

This is definitely a book that I would gravitate towards if I read the description. This has happened to me before when I suddenly realize that I am reading a book that I have read before and it is usually a mystery or a thriller.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Don't know this author at all but yeah... this has happened to me too. To be honest I rarely ever remember who the murderer was in crime books unless it's an Agatha Christie drama that I've seen loads of times. LOL

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home