My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

When Gods Die

When Gods Die :A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery, by C.S. Harris.

Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: NAL Hardcover; (November 7, 2006)
ISBN-10: 0451219686

 

From Publishers Weekly

Starred Review. Fans of quality historical suspense who mourn the end of the late Kate Ross's Julian Kestrel mysteries and the late Bruce Alexander's Sir John Fielding novels should find solace in the work of promising newcomer Harris, whose series (beginning with 2005's What Angels Fear) is set in Regency England. The ability of Harris's detective, Sebastian St. Cyr, the Viscount Devlin, to mingle freely with the cream of society leads to his receiving a highly sensitive commission. Given the perilous state of the English monarchy in 1811, the discovery of the dissolute Prince Regent with a murder victim in his arms makes the death of the beautiful young wife of an aristocrat even more scandalous. St. Cyr is charged by the powers that be with solving the crime and absolving the royal suspect. The author deftly combines political intrigue, cleverly concealed clues and vivid characters for a fast-moving story that will have readers eagerly anticipating future volumes in the series. (Nov.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information

I am guessing this would be called historical fiction/ murder mystery. And I quite like the protagonist, Sebastian St. Cyr the Viscount Devlin.  A man integrity and tenacity not to give up no matter what.  Also with a background of a love story and a mystery of his long gone mother.

Very pronounced differences with the aristocratic rich and the poorer then poor, Devlin deals fairly with them all.

The story is written so that you really are not sure who did the murder until the end.  Really well written.  Now I want more of him.  Not sure if I am happy or not that there are quite a few books about Sebastian St. Cry!  Really hope I find some at the thrift shops!  Many are very cheap on "used" Amazon but when you add the 3.99 shipping it can add up quickly.

Loved the time period and the historical references in this book.  Without a doubt I will be reading more of C.S. Harris's books of this series!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

These sound good. I hope you find some at the thrift stores because that $3.99 shipping is a killer. We pay the equivilent here and like you say, it adds up really quickly.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home