My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Books Read in May & June

My reading has slowed down quite a bit.  It began in May when I actually went away for 5 days to the Smoky Mountains. Also saw some things in S.C. and a tiny bit in Tennessee. I could have used 3 times that away!

But.. I was nearly finished with The Fifth Heart before I left and it wasn't long for me to finish it.  There are some books I absolutely love by Dan Simmons and others ...not so much.  Drood will always remain my favorite (I think), The Fifth Heart is running second now.

What Alice Forgot was turned into a movie which I missed seeing and would have loved to see it because the book was so good.  The story was written so well that at times I felt Alice's frustrations and kept hoping things would go her way. I won't say more because you may decide to read it!

So here's my list for May and June:

 

May...

33..The Fifth Heart.....................Dan Simmons.........(623 pgs)

34..Behind the Bookcase.................Mark Steensland.....(263 pgs)

35..Deep & Dark & Dangerous.............Mary D. Hahn........(192 pgs)

36..What Alice Forgot...................Liane Moriarty......(488 pgs)

 

June...

37..The Road from Gap Creek.............Robert Morgan.......(352 pgs)

38..Devoured............................D.E. Meredith.......(291 pgs)

39..When Gods Die.......................C.S. Harris.........(352 pgs)

40..Ape House...........................Sara Gruen..........(303 pgs)

41..Moriarty............................Anthony Horowitz......(305 pgs)

Summary:

In May I most enjoyed The Fifth Heart by Dan Simmons and What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.  Both excellent books and kept me wanting to read more even when my eyes blurred!

In June I liked When Gods Die by C.S. Harris (so now I want more of his books!) . Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz was another super read.  I never guessed "who done it" so was shocked at the end of the book, and I very much liked Ape House which is fiction but parts taken from the truth about Apes learning sign language.

Reviews can be found by clicking the links that will take you to Amazon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I must get hold of The Fifth Heart. You did pretty well both months in my opinion! My reading has slowed right up too but hey... it's not a race. Sounds like you enjoyed what you read which is the main thing, Sis.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home