My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, August 05, 2016

Broken Harbor

The Broken Harbor by Tana French.

Paperback: 450 pages
Publisher: Penguin Books(April 30, 2013)
ISBN-10: 0143123300

 



Amazon Best Books of the Month, July 2012: In Tana French’s fourth novel, detective Mick "Scorcher" Kennedy and his partner are sent to the abandoned, half-constructed housing development Broken Harbor to investigate the brutal murder of the Spain family. What Scorcher thinks is an open and shut case is quickly complicated when Jenny Spain is found barely alive, and the family’s circumstances are brought to light: hidden baby monitors, a strained mortgage brought on by the housing crisis, and the increasingly erratic signs of a family in crisis. French fans will appreciate this new look at Scorcher, who was a minor character in Faithful Place; he shines as the successful but jaded detective with a troubled past. French delivers a layered psychological thriller and satisfying ‘who dunnit,’ masterfully spinning a plot packed with tension and a haunting mood that rivals the best of the gothic writers.

This is book 4 I've read of Tana French's.

It's also my least favorite.  But... having said that the past month my head has not been with reading very much. I was sick for a time then in pain for a time and stressing about things.. so this was a slow, slow read for me. Also noted though is that I did not set it aside and stop reading it, so that says something too.

The detective Scorcher did not grab me as a interesting character, like most of her leads.  The mystery of the killings was good though.

I don't have a lot to say to encourage or discourage you to reading this book...  I will more than likely try her next books when it comes out, as I have enjoyed her other books.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I've read a couple of other reviews on this where people didn't think it was her best. So you're not alone, Sis! lol

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home