My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Buried Giant

The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro.

Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Vintage (January 5, 2016)
ISBN-10: 0307455793




 

In post-Arthurian Britain, the wars that once raged between the Saxons and the Britons have finally ceased. Axl and Beatrice, an elderly British couple, set off to visit their son, whom they haven’t seen in years. And, because a strange mist has caused mass amnesia throughout the land, they can scarcely remember anything about him.
As they are joined on their journey by a Saxon warrior, his orphan charge, and an illustrious knight, Axl and Beatrice slowly begin to remember the dark and troubled past they all share. By turns savage, suspenseful, and intensely moving, The Buried Giant is a luminous meditation on the act of forgetting and the power of memory, an extraordinary tale of love, vengeance, and war.


Strangely enough, I really had no idea what this book was actually about when I found it in a box of books for .50.

For me, it was hard to believe that this is the same author who wrote Remains of the Day (movie by the same name).

Familiar names are drawn into this "story telling" book, such as Merlin and Arthur. I found the book to be quit different in the writing I am used to. But it did intrigue me enough to keep reading until the end.  I think that because I have been reading mysteries and murders and such that this was so far out in left base that I was lost part of the time. lol. 

It was an ok book.  Not really my type of writing, but yet interesting enough to let me read it all.  I am sure others would enjoy it more.

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Oh, oh, oh... I have this one. Got it as a birthday present last year from one of my daughters. It does look a little er... weird. LOL

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home