My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, August 15, 2016

The Burning Room

The Burning Room by Michael Connelly.

Hardcover: 576 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company;(November 3, 2014)
ISBN-10: 0316410705




 

In the LAPD's Open-Unsolved Unit, not many murder victims die almost a decade after the crime. So when a man succumbs to complications from being shot by a stray bullet nine years earlier, Bosch catches a case in which the body is still fresh, but all other evidence is virtually nonexistent.
Now Bosch and rookie Detective Lucia Soto, are tasked with solving what turns out to be a highly charged, politically sensitive case. Beginning with the bullet that's been lodged for years in the victim's spine, they must pull new leads from years-old information, which soon reveal that this shooting may have been anything but random.


This is the second book I've read by Michael Connelly.   It was a good read.  Strangely, though it was something missing.  I'm not sure what. Maybe more closeness to the main character of Bosch.

It was a cold case reopened and how they solved the case.  I like watching cold cases being solved on tv and I generally expect "more" in a book.  More detail.  More character building.  I liked the first book I read, the Black Box, but all I can say on this one is:  It's ok. Not a bad read. But could have been better.

       ****************************************

Lately I just can't seem to find the books I enjoy so much.  Books like, Diane Setterfield's,  The Thirteenth Tale, or books by Michael Cox (The Meaning of Night & The Glass of Time), or the Alex Grecian books, The Scotland Yard Murder Squad, The Devil's Workshop/ The Black Country/The Yard/ The Harvest Man .  Also Dan Simmons, Drood!..  My reading has gone down to a crawl because I don't seem to be able to find books like these !!   Sigh.. ah well... who knows?  Maybe the next book eh?

 

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Peter reads a bit of Michael Connolly I think. I haven't tried him at all. Prefer 'John' Connolly. lol

I know what you mean about not finding really good books to read. Books like Drood are so rare. A couple of UK series I like are Martin Edwards 'Lake District' crime books, and Elly Griffiths 'Ruth Galloway' series set in Norfolk. They're modern, not Victorian, but really good.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home