My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

When Falcons Fall

When Falcons Fall by C.S. Harris.
Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Berkley;(March 7, 2017)
ISBN-10: 0451471172

(Book 8 for 2017)


Ayleswick-on-Teme, 1813. Sebastian St. Cyr, Viscount Devlin, and his wife, Hero, have come to this deceptively peaceful Shropshire village to honor a slain friend. But when the body of a young widow is found on the banks of the river Teme, the village’s inexperienced new magistrate turns to Sebastian for help. Sebastian soon realizes that Emma Chance was hiding her true identity, and she was not the first beautiful young woman in the village to be murdered. Also troubling are the machinations of Lucien Bonaparte, the estranged brother of the megalomaniac French Emperor Napoléon. Held captive under the British government’s watchful eye, Bonaparte is restless, ambitious, and treacherous.
Home to the eerie ruins of an ancient monastery, Ayleswick reveals itself to be a dark and dangerous place with a violent past that may be connected to Sebastian’s own unsettling origins. And as he faces his most diabolical opponent ever, he is forced to consider what malevolence he’s willing to embrace in order to destroy a killer
.


Wow, hard to believe I've read this whole series of books... 11 of them! Number 12 comes out in April.

I find the main characters very likeable and "their" story has progress along with the murder mysteries that they have worked on.  That's not really saying you have to begin at book one, but I did.  So spread them out and I've read them over a few years. I also have to mention that it's one of the few women authors that I read regularly. Not the ONLY one but there are only a few that seem to write murder mysteries.  

So.. it's a very readable series.  Short chapters.  Good characters.  And just plain enjoyable.


Books read so far this year:
1:The Book of Speculation...............Erika Swyler..........(384 pgs)
2:Lost and Gone Forever.................Alex Grecian..........(384 pgs)
3:The Forgotten Room....................Karen White...........(384 pgs)
4:Ruler of the Night ...................David Morell..........(352 pgs)

5:Lost Among the Living.................Simone St. James.......(352 pgs)
6:Guilty Thing..........................Frances Wilson.........(397 pgs)
7:The Inheritance.......................Charles Finch..........(294 pgs)
8:When Falcons Fall.....................C.S. Harris............(355 pgs)

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I love that you have so many of these historical crime series set over here to read. Lots of people writing that type of thing these days it seems.

You're doing pretty well with your reading this year too!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home