My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

The Book of the Dead

Book of the Dead by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child.
Paperback: 621 pages
Publisher: Warner; P edition (2007)
ISBN-10: 0446618500



Amazon review
An FBI agent, rotting away in a high-security prison for a murder he did not commit...
His brilliant, psychotic brother, about to perpetrate a horrific crime...
A young woman with an extraordinary past, on the edge of a violent breakdown...
An ancient Egyptian tomb with an enigmatic curse, about to be unveiled at a celebrity-studded New York gala...

This book took me a long time to read.. NOT because I wasn't enjoying it though.  Life got in the way.  But I finally finished it  and can say I still enjoyed it.
I came to find out that the main characters did 2 books before this one.  It didn't seem to bother the reading of this book. I thought about reading the other two books, but looked around at all the books I have here and decided to not push my luck. 
There was a multitude of "mysteries" going on at once.
Why was the FBI agent in prison?
Who stole the diamonds and sent them back all crushed?
Why were people who went into the tomb being found dead? 
To find out the answers.. you'll have to read the book!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Always love an ancient Eygptian tomb story. lol Never heard of this series or the authors. You find such great books, Pat.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home