My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The Heiress of Linn Hagh

The Heiress of Linn Hagh by Karen Charlton.
Series: The Detective Lavender Mysteries (Book 1)
Paperback: 325 pages
Publisher: Thomas & Mercer (June 9, 2015)
ISBN-10: 1477830081


Northumberland, 1809: A beautiful young heiress disappears from her locked bedchamber at Linn Hagh.
The local constables are baffled and the townsfolk cry ‘witchcraft’.
The heiress’s uncle summons help from Detective Lavender and his assistant, Constable Woods, who face one of their most challenging cases: The servants and local gypsies aren’t talking; Helen’s siblings are uncooperative; and the sullen local farmers are about to take the law into their own hands.
Lavender and Woods find themselves trapped in the middle of a simmering feud as they uncover a world of family secrets, intrigue and deception in their search for the missing heiress.
Taut, wry and delightful, The Heiress of Linn Hagh is a rollicking tale featuring Lavender and Woods—a double act worthy of Holmes and Watson.
This was an enjoyable read.  Good characters and lots of things happening before you finally get to the results ! As some know I also like that the mysteries / murders etc. happen in the 1800's in England. (smirk).
I've never read anything by Karen Charlton before but, I think I will try a second by her using Detective Lavender and Constable Woods.  

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I never cease to be amazed at how many of these Victorian crime books you find. I love how much you love them.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home